Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to pass variable into TableBox as filter

Hi,

I am new to QlikView and got stuck in one scenario. Let’s assume, this is the data I have in my Oracle table. I cannot share the exact data due to security reason.

S_CODE

C_CODE

SI_CODE

TYPE

E_CODE

A

COU_A

A_1

STU

A

A

COU_A

A_1

COU

COU_A

A

COU_A

A_1

SI

A_1

I created 3 Listbox for S_CODE, C_CODE and SI_CODE and displaying the complete set of data in TableBox.

ListBox 1

S_CODE

A

ListBox 2

C_CODE

COU_A

ListBox 3

SI_CODE

A_1

Data in Tablebox:

S_CODE

C_CODE

SI_CODE

TYPE

E_CODE

A

COU_A

A_1

STU

A

A

COU_A

A_1

COU

COU_A

A

COU_A

A_1

SI

A_1

If I Click on ListBox1,ListBox2 or ListBox3, I got all the 3 records in TableBox instead of 1 record. My requirement is:,

If I click on ListBox1 value(A) the data should be display:

S_CODE

C_CODE

SI_CODE

TYPE

E_CODE

A

COU_A

A_1

STU

A

If I click on ListBox2  value(COU_A) the data should be display:

S_CODE

C_CODE

SI_CODE

TYPE

E_CODE

A

COU_A

A_1

STU

COU_A

If I click on ListBox3 value(A_1) the data should be display:

S_CODE

C_CODE

SI_CODE

TYPE

E_CODE

A

COU_A

A_1

STU

A_1

Can you please help me out, how I will get only one record by clicking on ListBox? Is there any way to make a join of ListBox Field selection value with column (E_CODE).

I tried to capture the ListBox Field selection value in variable but don’t know how to pass this variable value into TableBox? Please let me know in-case any additional information required.

Any help regarding this would be really appreciated. Thank You.

Regards:

Amit Jain

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

You could add a document trigger for each of the fields which also triggers the same selection in E_CODE

You could use a chart table instead of a table box which doesn't have many options

Otherwise, why don't you just have a list box for E_CODE?!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

You could add a document trigger for each of the fields which also triggers the same selection in E_CODE

You could use a chart table instead of a table box which doesn't have many options

Otherwise, why don't you just have a list box for E_CODE?!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam,

Thank You for the reply !

I can 't use E_CODE as I have to generate the hierarchy in the LISTBOX so the USER gets to know which data is associated in LISTBOX2 and LISTBOX3 by clicking on LISTBOX1.

I will try your approach with document trigger and chart table. As i am new to QlikView, Can you please explain in detail, How i can create a document trigger and how i can pass this value?

Thanks & Regards:

Amit Jain

Anil_Babu_Samineni

No need to create a variable here, Your title mentioned variable, Where do you create the variable.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil,

I created the variable in LOAD script and then able to call the same variable in TextBox but not able to pass this variable as a filter in TableBox. I hope you understand the point, Please let me know in-case of any question.

Thanks & Regards:

Amit Jain

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Is there any chance share the applicaiton. What is variable you've created. And somehow, Table box never taken the Variable this situation you might create one more Straight table / Pivot

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

I am still confused as to why you can't just use E_CODE as a filter?

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Amit,

OK I see what you are saying now... just go to settings > document properties > triggers

Then use the field event triggers and add an onselect trigger for each listbox.

I would also add an onChange to make sure you update E_CODE if the user changes the selection.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

The attached example has a trigger set up on S_CODE

Not applicable
Author

Thank You Adam for your prompt reply. I am able to achieve the scenario from your solution. I created Field Event Triggers on Selection and it works.

Many Thanks !