Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to supress dimensions after writing on expressions in chart

Hi everyone,

In example my data is like below

>48Accord Cargo Inc
0-12BSP Trucking LLC (PTFM - Unacceptable Safecores)
>48ACT Logistics - QP3% (Does not accept Macropoint)
12-24

TPS Logistics Inc

0-12TPS Logistics Inc

carrier.jpg

when i wrote an expression to show only chart includes carrier 0-12,12-24,24-48 , the carrier with >48 is showing empty data .I want to exclude those carriers.

in the image u can see that accord Cargo inc has '>48' so there it showing empty record.plese help

thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Use this for the pop-up expression:

=If(RangeSum(Column(1), Column(2), Column(3)) > 0,

'Carrier :' &Carrier & chr(10)&

'12-24 : '&(sum(if(HourOffSet = '12-24', Shipments))/sum(Shipments))*100 & chr(10)

&'0-12 : '&(sum(if(HourOffSet = '0-12', Shipments))/sum(Shipments))*100& chr(10) &

'24-48 : '&(sum(if(HourOffSet = '24-48', Shipments))/sum(Shipments))*100& chr(10))

Also attached the sample

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

If is is showing Empty Data, There must be some null fields. So, May be check the Supress When value in Null{Check this option from Dim level and presentation}

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Please post the expression you used or sample app/ sample data

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi every one ,

I am attaching my example file here.Main problem is  when i am writing customized pop-up for the bars, "Suppress Zero-Values" is not working. With out customized pop-up the check box 'Suppress Zero-Values' is working fine.

Please suggest.Here i need to writte Customized pop up.i want to show pop-up as i am showing now in the example.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I used this expression and it's working

For 12-24, Instance

=If(Len((sum({<HourOffSet = {'12-24'}>} Shipments)/sum(Shipments)))>0,(sum({<HourOffSet = {'12-24'}>} Shipments)/sum(Shipments))*100)

For 0-12, Instance

=If(Len((sum({<HourOffSet = {'0-12'}>} Shipments)/sum(Shipments)))>0,(sum({<HourOffSet = {'0-12'}>} Shipments)/sum(Shipments))*100)

For 24-48, Instance

=If(Len((sum({<HourOffSet = {'24-48'}>} Shipments)/sum(Shipments)))>0,(sum({<HourOffSet = {'24-48'}>} Shipments)/sum(Shipments))*100)

From Here, Try all(Means, Step-Step) and let us know

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i tried your code but not working . i think u had removed the customized pop-up expression. when that expression exists , the carrier with zero values are also showing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

with customized pop-up expression

Customized pop-up.jpg

sunny_talwar

Use this for the pop-up expression:

=If(RangeSum(Column(1), Column(2), Column(3)) > 0,

'Carrier :' &Carrier & chr(10)&

'12-24 : '&(sum(if(HourOffSet = '12-24', Shipments))/sum(Shipments))*100 & chr(10)

&'0-12 : '&(sum(if(HourOffSet = '0-12', Shipments))/sum(Shipments))*100& chr(10) &

'24-48 : '&(sum(if(HourOffSet = '24-48', Shipments))/sum(Shipments))*100& chr(10))

Also attached the sample

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Pop_up labels or Expressions is not the problem here.

What's causing the problem is how you have loaded the data.

When you load inline , the coma is the delimiter which is causing you to have a part of the Carrier text to offset into Shipments field..load the same data using an excel file and everything will work as expected without any changes

baddata.PNG

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Once check this attachment, if i un-check the enable of last expression for pop-up it is working fine.But if i check the enable then  the carrier "Dupre Logistics LLC" is also showing.