Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I WANT LOAD 22 FIELDS TO STRIGHT TABLE PLS TELL ME SHORTCUT BECAUSE IT IS TALKING MUCH TIME PLS .

I WANT LOAD 22 FIELDS TO STRIGHT TABLE  PLS  TELL ME SHORTCUT  BECAUSE IT IS TALKING MUCH TIME  PLS   .

1 Reply
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Adding 22 dimensions to a straight table sounds like a very bad idea. QlikView must then evaluate all combinations of all distinct values, which will be a huge number and of course will take time. As a rule of thumb, you should avoid charts with more than 4 dimensions - and even that may sometimes be too many.

What you could do, is to use a field with a very fine grain as dimension, i.e. a field that has many distinct values and that "determines" the value of other fields. One example could be OrderLineID. Then you add the other fields as expressions: Only(Product), Only(Customer), etc. This way you could have many columns in a straight table, and still have it fast.

But 22 columns is still not meaningful - The user will not have any overview and will not learn anything from data. So, I think you should reconsider and put the 22 fields in different objects, probably even on different sheets.

HIC