Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I WANT LOAD 22 FIELDS TO STRIGHT TABLE PLS TELL ME SHORTCUT BECAUSE IT IS TALKING MUCH TIME PLS .

I WANT LOAD 22 FIELDS TO STRIGHT TABLE  PLS  TELL ME SHORTCUT  BECAUSE IT IS TALKING MUCH TIME  PLS   .

1 Reply
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Adding 22 dimensions to a straight table sounds like a very bad idea. QlikView must then evaluate all combinations of all distinct values, which will be a huge number and of course will take time. As a rule of thumb, you should avoid charts with more than 4 dimensions - and even that may sometimes be too many.

What you could do, is to use a field with a very fine grain as dimension, i.e. a field that has many distinct values and that "determines" the value of other fields. One example could be OrderLineID. Then you add the other fields as expressions: Only(Product), Only(Customer), etc. This way you could have many columns in a straight table, and still have it fast.

But 22 columns is still not meaningful - The user will not have any overview and will not learn anything from data. So, I think you should reconsider and put the 22 fields in different objects, probably even on different sheets.

HIC