Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Image in Qlikview

Hello,

How to convert base64 Code into Image in QlikView.

Please Help me...

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anil,

1.- Create a Macro function

Function OctetStringToFile(OctetString, FilePath)

Const adTypeText = 2

Const adSaveCreateOverWrite = 2

LenData = Len(OctetString)\2 + Len(OctetString) Mod 2

set fso = createobject("scripting.filesystemobject")

set stream = createobject("adodb.stream")

stream.type = adTypeText

stream.charset = "windows-1252"

stream.open

For i = 0 to LenData-1

stream.writetext chr(CByte("&h" & Mid(OctetString, i*2+1, 2)))

Next

stream.savetofile FilePath, adSaveCreateOverWrite

stream.close

OctetStringToFile = "processed"

End Function

2.- Call Function on your Script:

OctetStringToFile(YourFieldWithImage, FileOnSave) as ResultOctetStringToFile

Regards!

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

PFA for Reference

In that, Go to Sheet1 and then look Image Problem

Please help me on this...

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anil,

See related: Re: How to show the bit photo in the QlikView

For the bundle images: Loading Images into QlikView

Regards!!!

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Manuel,

I already see that, And i try another way as well like File -> Export -> Export Document Layout and then i will check all XML file after getting the data.

If i take the images from Excel it will working fine.

Same as online links it is working fine. When i am fetching data from Database it showing String format because, I just convert that image to base64 and then I added that base64 string into DB and then i reload my application.

Might be one more option is there, I am not aware of that to change this base64 string into Image in qlikview?

- Anil

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are getting your image in base64, the only way is my first response, create a Macro function and use it on Script.

Regards!

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Manuel,

Can you please work on my qvw as per your time frequency. Then share it to me...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anil,

I have tested some macros, and I cannot draw your image, please follow this post to do it. Use ODBC instead OLEDB connection.

Re: How to show the bit photo in the QlikView

Regards!

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Manuel,

Do favor for me, Can you please create one Application with Image.

1) Getting the image from Should be SQL Server?

2) And then fetch the data from Source and then create one object either Text/ Straight Table and then Send it to me. If you will get the image for UI.

3) Then let me know how do you get that, Which Macro's you are creating over there?

I Appreciate your honest help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anil,

I haven't any data base with images here, but on post that I have related there is an example, on this Reply. khim_hoe have showed an image from DDBB in an Straigthtable.

Regards.