Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Input Box Filter Based on Expression

Hey guys,

Quick question

I have a dashboard with a pivot table. The pivot table has many dimensions and one Expression.

The expression is shown in %. I need to create an Input box where a customer can enter a % and it will filter based on the % they inputed..

Any idea's?

Thanks allot

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

The user will input a number which will be stored in a variable. Lets call the variable vVar and then you will test your expression to see if its above or below it and based on what you want show the value:

If(yourExpression >= $(vVar), yourExpression)

Does this help? if this is not what you want, can you explain with an example?

View solution in original post

12 Replies
sunny_talwar

If you want to see rates above user inputs, you can try this

If(YourExpression >= UserInput, YourExpression)

Adjust the above expression according to your need.

HTH

Best,

Sunny

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Use this type of expression

if(SUM(Value) >= vTextBoxVariable, SUM(Value))

Not applicable
Author

The main issue is i don't know how to filter with expression results in an input box. That was my question.

sunny_talwar

The user will input a number which will be stored in a variable. Lets call the variable vVar and then you will test your expression to see if its above or below it and based on what you want show the value:

If(yourExpression >= $(vVar), yourExpression)

Does this help? if this is not what you want, can you explain with an example?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Please find attached

sunny_talwar

I would try this:

=If(sum(stkqty)-sum(onorder)-sum(onpick) = $(vVar), sum(stkqty)-sum(onorder)-sum(onpick))

where vVar will equal 2 based on user input.

Not applicable
Author

Wow your so helpful my friend!

That worked great.. One more thing when i use this expression when nothing is selected nothing shows up in table how can i change this?Capture.PNG

sunny_talwar

Try this:

=If(Len(Trim($(vVar))) = 0, sum(stkqty)-sum(onorder)-sum(onpick), If(sum(stkqty)-sum(onorder)-sum(onpick) = $(vVar), sum(stkqty)-sum(onorder)-sum(onpick)))

Not applicable
Author

mhmm i used this expression and it stopped working altogether.