Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III

Is it possible at all to get a summary table?

Hi, I need to move this Excel solution into QV and make it dynamic. I got details but do not know how to get the summary table if at all possible. This is part of a general sales analysis QV app.

Issues:

1. Get the last cumulative % for each class (marked with black arrows)

2. Get the count of items by class (marked in orange circle)

If the initial idea is not doable to get these totals by class in the details table can also be solution.

Any idea is welcome. Thanks in advance

2014-08-01_12-01-48.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I was inspired today and once more answered my own question .

The needed totals by Class are shown in the TOTAL line above 8 extra columns added to be able to get those max items and max percentages.This is the best I can get to satisfy all requests and retain it dynamic with no extra fields in the data model. Only columns marked in orange exist in the data model used in this table.

2014-08-05_15-57-30.png

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me out as any idea is helpful.

View solution in original post

19 Replies
marcus_sommer

You need a dimension for this which contained the logic from the colors. Then you could use these dimension in a table-chart and the expression will be depend from your raw-data.

- Marcus

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Does your Data model contain the Product Classes?

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Do you mean something like the attached

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Of course man visit different demo dashboard at Qlik website.

It is possible to design and develop summary tab.

Just you need to design your data model as per the same .

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thx. Just a small clarification the picture in my initial question is from QV and not Excel.

I do not have Class stored in my data model as this depends on the selection user makes. A user can select different days for sold in last N days, different product groups, customers, etc.

@Alan: This would work if I have the Class in the data model, but I have it only in the pivot table and it is dynamic as described earlier.

Clipboard01.jpg

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

You missed the point here. If interested please take a look into my last reply. Thx

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

You could create the Class in the Script with a Nested IF statement based on the Product Codes

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Something like this for the Nested IF

IF(Code = 0146, 'CLASSA',

IF(Code = 0142, 'CLASSB',

IF(Code = 0141, 'CLASSB'))) as ClassTest

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sorry Alan, but the Class gets calculated dynamically with tens of selections before and then by calculating qty sold in x number of days where x can be anything. This is impossible to calculate in the script

Thanks anyway