Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

List of values with set analysis

Hi everyone,

I am a little bit stucked in here. please help me out.

I need to get a list of values (society) which are filtered over multiple criterias.I can't do it with set analysis as it requires an aggregate.

I was only able to sum number of contract like this

Sum({$<[Type]={'Contract'},[Brand]={'xxx'},[Product]={'test'},[end of contract]={$(=$(vYesterday))}>} [contract counter])

Based on this set analysis I would need the list of customers which match.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

To trim leading/trailing spaces you could use trim(). If possible try to share a sample qvw here.

Update: By the time try this expression in trigger search string:

='(' &Concat({$<[Type]={'Contract'},[Brand]={'xxx'},[Product]={'test'},[end of contract]={$(=$(vYesterday))}>} Distinct Society, '|') & ')'

View solution in original post

13 Replies
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Try to use only() to get the list of values.

HTH

sushil

its_anandrjs

Write like

=Sum({$<[Type]={'Contract'}, [Brand]={'xxx'}, [Product]={'test'}, [end of contract] = {'$(=$(vYesterday))'} >} [contract counter])

Not applicable
Author

hi,

It doesn't work.

I want to display the values in a text box or a in list.

Not applicable
Author

no,

my formula is working for sum purpose. All I need is to get the list of associated values based on the criteria.

arjunkrishnan
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Sum({<FieldName={'FieldValue'}>}MeasureFieldName)

eg:

Sum({<A={'Society'}>}contract counter)

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you want the list in a text box separated by a delimeter, you can try with concat(), like:

Concat({$<[Type]={'Contract'},[Brand]={'xxx'},[Product]={'test'},[end of contract]={$(=$(vYesterday))}>} Distinct Society, ',')

sushil353
Master II
Master II

try this:

Only({$<[Type]={'Contract'},[Brand]={'xxx'},[Product]={'test'},[end of contract]={'$(vYesterday)'}>} [contract counter])

HTH

Sushil

Not applicable
Author

ok thanks. IT works. What if I want now to use this list to filter a straight table ?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Say you want these Society values to be there in the dimension of straight table and an expression like: Sum(Amt). In such scenario, if you take Society as dimension and imply the same set anaysis with sum() like you have shown above, your dimension Society gets filtered for those values only.