Skip to main content
Announcements
NEW: Seamless Public Data Sharing with Qlik's New Anonymous Access Capability: TELL ME MORE!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Macro does not work with /r option?

I'm tryng to develop a macro to create a report file and then send it with email.

I set the macro to be executed after data reload; if I run manually the reaload it works....

But when I create a scheduled job with /r option the macro seems to stop after creating the file, before sending email and process qv.exe hangs on... any idea?

5 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion II
Champion II

Create one batch file and edit then write like below

"exe path " /r "Application path"

example:

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /r "C:\Documents and Settings\skchauhan\Desktop\test.qvw"

settings-> document properties-> trigger-> on post reload -> write the macro name.

hope this help

Sunil Chauhan
pkkushwaha
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi,

I am also facing same issue with server 2008.

If i run bat file manually it is reloading the file and exporting the table and chart into excel and ppt ;but once i am trying to run it via schedular it got stop after reload.

Can any one help with some ideas.

thanks in advance

Not applicable
Author

We use:

psexec -u us\username -p userpassword "c:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView\qv.exe" -r "Path\FileName.qvw"

hth,

Stephen

pkkushwaha
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Stephen,

i am getting below error

'psexec' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

psexec -u use\machinename -p machinepwd  "c:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView\qv.exe" -r "F:\Automated Report\DB.qvw"

could you please brief the use of prexec or provide some sample bat or provide any url through which i can configure it.

Thanks,

pradeep

Not applicable
Author

Search Goolge for psexe.  It is a free Microsoft program that you need to download and install.

Stephen