Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need Urgent Reply

HI

I have following questions and need somee answers very urgently.

Q1:)As we can move data in Excel sheet from the QlikView Sheet object,how can or is it possible to move data from QlikView sheet object in Matlab,minitab or SPSS.?

Q2:)Can we use Statistical Fuctions in QlikView as it is used in Matlab,minitab or SPSS.?If yes then how.Please give me the detail information about those functions?

Q3:)If we cannot use Statistical Fuctions in Qlikview ,is their any other possible way we can use them in QlikView?

Q4:)Can QlikView specially develope a plug-in to connect or to transfer data into Matlab,minitab or SPSS as per client request?

Regards

Sikandar.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sikandar,

answer for Q2: Yes QV has statistical functions on board.

Se QV Help.

Rainer

mantaq10
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Sikandar,

This is a veeeery late response but I guess its an important question for all of us to document.

Q1) you can do this by using the Store command
Store <tablename> into filename.txt (txt) for a csv file which can then be imported in the said tools.

q2)We have the base of most statistical functions implemented in QLikview, namely:

1. rand() and P.D.F (normdist, norminv, finv, fdist, tdist, tinv, etc)
These two functions can be used to program monte carlos, markov models, clustering using nearest neighbours and variants, and other activities.

2. Univariate Linear Regression (linest_* functions):
These are used for linear regression and there are algorithms for multiple linear regression from univariate linear regression (see regression orthogonalization).

Q3) question not clear to me

Q4) Not per my knowledge. to import data from SPSS, I think one can write a custom connector for ARFF files but im not sure about SAV files as they are SPSS proprietary.

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Do you have some demo application showing how to apply these functions ?

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Pablo Labbe Ibaceta wrote:Do you have some demo application showing how to apply these functions ?

Depends on what you're looking for. In the attached example, I use linest_b and linest_m to create a forcast for future months based on the linear trend of the months of data we do have. I also calculate the correlation coefficient for this line as a way of indicating how "trustworthy" the forecast might be. So, three of the many available statistical functions.

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Very Very Thank you John, you are the Guru of this community, always with an enlightening answer.

Now I understood the sintaxis and how to use these functions in conjunction with AGGR .

Cheers,

Pablo Labbe

Not applicable
Author

Atif Abdul-Rahman wrote:

2. Univariate Linear Regression (linest_* functions):

These are used for linear regression and there are algorithms for multiple linear regression from univariate linear regression (see regression orthogonalization).

Atif, could you please provide an example of how to make a multiple linear regression from univariate one in QlikView?

Maybe someone else knows how to do that?

Thank you