Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onkarkulkarni
Creator
Creator

Need a static straight table. ie. columns should not disappear in case data is not available

Hello all,

I am working on a straight table and couple of list boxes. I have couple of requirements

Requirement -1

I have created a straight table with 2 columns City and population. Also I have 2 list boxes - Year and Area.

1. If there is no data for particular city then that City disappears from table.
  2. If I select particular year from Year list box then City disappears from table

I need to show all the Cities and plot '0' in case population data is unavailable against particular City.

equirement -2

This is more on the similar ground of requirement -1. I need to show fixed (100) set of cities in list box all the time. Even if I received data for only 10 cities, I need to display static list of all the 100 cities. On selection of rest of 90 cities in list box - it should display- data not available.

Appreciate your guidance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kusumanchir
Creator
Creator

Hi Onkar,

I modified, please find the attached.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Make it clear, Rather contextual i would ask you to share sample work file

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
onkarkulkarni
Creator
Creator
Author

Let me add sample to make it clear. Table 1 is when I have data for all the 5 cities. Table 2 is my requirement  when I have data for only 2 cities still I need to show remaining 3 cities with 0 count

Table 1

CityPopulation
New York100
London

Dubai

Mumbai500
Dublin

Table 2

CityPopulation
New York100
London200
Dubai0
Mumbai0
Dublin0
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I don't think you need any other stuff over here.

Note - Please check Suppress when value is null from presentation tab. To set up

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
kusumanchir
Creator
Creator

Hi Onkar,

To display all the values of the dimension, please check the option 'Show All Values' under the dimension tab.

Also uncheck the 'Suppress zero values' under the Presentation tab.

onkarkulkarni
Creator
Creator
Author

Probably I have confused you with my requirment.

Please let me try again.

We have master list of 100 major citites.

In our daily feed if I receive data for only 5 cities then also I need to show rest of 95 City names.

Please let me know

kusumanchir
Creator
Creator

Hi Onkar,

Actually, I understood the requirement that we need to display all the 100 cities in the dimension irrespective of the data received. Please correct me if still my understanding is wrong.

And If I you think I have understood, can you please let me know if you have link between the master list of 100 cities and the list of 5 cities for which you receive the data.

onkarkulkarni
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Rasly,

Thanks

Your understanding is perfect. Yes and in order to achieve the requirement I have prepared a master list of cities.

When I am loading this master list along with actual data, I am able to see all the 100 city names in first column.

However in another table the requirement is to display Regions by grouping cities. Regions are not as it is available in data . so I am using below expression to display Regions.

e.g 

=if (match([City],'London','Dublin', 'Paris'), 'Europe',

if (match([City],'Mumbai','Karachi','Tokyo'),'Asia Pacific',

if (match([City],'Istanbul','Dubai','Muscat'),'Middle East',

if (match([City],'New York','Dallas'),'U.S.A',))))

In this case also I need to always show all the 4 Regions. when I dont have data for any of USA cities its not displaying USA row.   Appreciate your guidance

RegionsPopulation
Europe500
Asia Pacific600
Middle East800
U.S.A

kusumanchir
Creator
Creator

Hi Onkar,

Please find the attached app and let me know if it as expected.

Regards,

Rasly.K

onkarkulkarni
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Rasly,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried with the attached qvw however it is not as per the expectation.

Expectetation is :  All 4 regions should be visible all the time

Even if user clicks on any city in listbx - City

e.g User should be able to see ' Middle East' , Asia Pacific' and 'U.S.A'  with 0 population.

Hope I havent confused you.

Thanks again.