Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need help with average of sum of values in gauge chart

I have a requirement where i need to show the average of sum of values in straight table as well as Gauge Chart but only thing is that if we select the month in calendar , it should sum the values of selected month as well as months less than selected month and show the average

i am able to get the same in straight table by using an expression but the values are not matching when i am trying to do the same in gauge chart by using Aggr() function.

Please refer the attached qvw and xls file where i have tried this but not able to do so in gauge chart . Please help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Is this what you are looking for? PFA

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

Is this what you are looking for? PFA

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

Yes Thanks buddy

sunny_talwar

‌No problem

Not applicable
Author

this sample application is working fine but when i am trying to implement the same in my application its not working

when i am selecting a particular month , i am getting the count of  ITEMID added on or before that selected month

in a text box . Here is the expression which i am using in text box and my straight table

=count({$<Call__MonthSerial ={"<=$(=$(vMaxSelectedMonth))"},Call_Month=,[Call_Day of Month]=,Call_Year=}>} DISTINCT ITEMID)

but when i am trying to use the same as below in my gauge chart then its giving me average of aggregate of the ITEMID which are mapped to that selected month hence my values are not matching as straight table

Num(Avg({$<Call__MonthSerial ={"<=$(=$(vMaxSelectedMonth))"},Call_Month=,[Call_Day of Month]=,Call_Year=>} Aggr(Num(1- (Sum({$<[outage_type]={1}>} duration_sec))/Num#(Interval(MonthEnd([Call_Year-Month])-MonthStart([Call_Year-Month]),'ss'))  ,'##.#####'),ITEMID)),'##.####')

I have 4 ITEMS for April and 13 for MAY so the first expression is returning 17 as ITEMID as count but when i am using the same in gauge chart then its calculating aggregation for 13 but the same is considering 17 in straight table hence the average is varying

sunny_talwar

This part of your expression seem different than what you have in your straight table:

Aggr(Num(1- (Sum({$<[outage_type]={1}>} duration_sec))/Num#(Interval(MonthEnd([Call_Year-Month])-MonthStart([Call_Year-Month]),'ss'))  ,'##.#####')

Is there a reason you are not using this?

=Num(Avg({$<Call__MonthSerial ={"<=$(=$(vMaxSelectedMonth))"},Call_Month=,[Call_Day of Month]=,Call_Year=>} Aggr(Count({$<Call__MonthSerial ={"<=$(=$(vMaxSelectedMonth))"},Call_Month=,[Call_Day of Month]=,Call_Year=}>} DISTINCT ITEMID), ITEMID)),'##.####')

Not applicable
Author

well i am trying to get the duration of outage here . here duration_sec is dountime seccond which i am trying to divide by total interval and substracting by 1 to get the uptime of all the distinct items which are added before the selected month hence i am using below expression in gauge

Num(Avg({$<Call__MonthSerial ={"<=$(=$(vMaxSelectedMonth))"},Call_Month=,[Call_Day of Month]=,Call_Year=>} Aggr(Num(1- (Sum({$<[outage_type]={1}>} duration_sec))/Num#(Interval(MonthEnd([Call_Year-Month])-MonthStart([Call_Year-Month]),'ss'))  ,'##.#####'),ITEMID)),'##.####')

Not applicable
Author

sunindia

Any idea why i am not getting the total no of count of the items when i am applying in the gauge expression

sunny_talwar

It would be very hard to determine without looking at the application. Will it be possible to share your application?