Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edwinmatlapeng
Partner - Contributor III

ODBC CONNECT32

Morning All,

I need assistance with the following. I need to refresh a qvd with an excel document and the said document will occasionally consist of more than one sheet. So I am making the ODBC connection to the excel document and the connection works such that for every excel document the program will loop across the document for each sheet. The problem is everytime I run the document refresh I get an error. SQL##f - SqlState: IM002, ErrorCode:0, ErrorMsg:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data Source Name not found and no default driver specified. However, when you press the Okay button, the program proceeds to run. The problem is the first file never gets read. I have downloaded all the latest drivers for Excel to no avail.

Please assist.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
edwinmatlapeng
Author

Hi All,

I had to uncheck the Force 32 Bit radio button

View solution in original post

9 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Edwin,

sorry if I have misunderstood, are you saying that when you reload manually it's ok, but not when it's reload by QVS?

Andy

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are you using an MS Office ODBC driver? For that to work, ODBC DSNs must exist before you use them and on all platforms that should be able to run the reload script.

edwinmatlapeng
Author

Hi Peter,

I will assume initially it was the drivers that came with Office. I have since installed some files for drivers I was given by Qlikview support. I still get the same error.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Ok, if the drivers are ok then we're halfway.

The error message says "...Data Source Name not found....", meaning that no DSN could be found. The DSN - if you're not aware of that - is a Windows System definition that ties your particular driver to a name that can be used in all your applications. QlikView cannot find this name in the sytem where you run your load script. That can be caused by one of two reasons (or even both of them):

• You forgot to define a correctly named DSN in the Windows Control panel.
  • You did define a correctly named DSN, but you did this in the wrong control panel. On a 64-bit Windows system, you have two ODBC control panels: one for 32-bit ODBC drivers (most of the MS Office drivers are 32-bit), and one (the default control panel) for 64-bit drivers.

Can you figure out whether a correct DSN exists and what architecture you used to define it (32-bit or 64-bit)?

edwinmatlapeng
Author

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your continued assistance, man.

I am developing on a server which also doubles as the production server - story for another day!!!

I have defined the ODBC connection on the System DSN tab which is how I have used it since I started with data warehouses back in 1998! I am also using the 64-bit architecture.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What Windows server version are you running QlikView services on?

edwinmatlapeng
Author

Hi,

Windows Server 2012

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Which Control panel item did you use to define the DSN on the server?

ODBC Data Sources (32-bit) or ODBC Data Sources (64-bit)?

edwinmatlapeng
Author

Hi All,

I had to uncheck the Force 32 Bit radio button