Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Personal Edition Licence

Hello Qlik Gurus,

I am using poersonal edition of Qlikview, i am trying to open QVW files i have created and i am encountering with an error saying

"Your installation of Qlikview has exceeded the maximum number of recoveries allowed for a personal edition licence. To continue using Qlikview you will need to purchase a full qlikview lience. Please contact sales office, a list of which can be found at XXXX.com"

i know nothing for free, i assumeme some of you might have faced the same situation in the past and found a work around for this issue?

note: i am not opening QVW/files created by other users. The files i am opening are the i created in my computer and by myself

Regards,

Karthik

12 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

For whatever reason, you seem to have recovered documents four times. That means that any documents you created before can't be opened with your Qlikview installation anymore. You should be able create new files and use those without problems.

If that's not the case perhaps there's a -prj folder where you save your document. It sometimes happens that Qlikview creates this directory for version control. With PE you can't use versioning. Removing this directory removes the version control for the document so it's possible to open the document again.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
nigel987
Creator II
Creator II

Hi, I had the same issue and followed the advice of Gysbert and it worked for me.

Here's the link to the thread I used: Personal Edition Problem

Remove the QlikTech folders in the Local and Roaming folders in your users AppData folder (c:\users\myuser\AppData)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for your reply. I removed QlikTech folders in the Local and Roaming folders as mentioned. Now i am encountering multiple errors for different files Please see the errors below

Qlik1.PNGQlik.PNG

Thanks Nigel987

Regards,

Karthik

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi Karthik

Uninstall and your desktop qlikview software , reboot and reinstall.

Try this. Hope this will help you.

Not applicable
Author

Hi qlikviewwizard‌ i did try that no luck still same issue

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Did you clear Keys at REGDIT? Remove all the Qlikview Related files from your machine. I will work surely.

andy_smith2005
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I have encountered this as well - usually when I have downloaded qvw files from the community and this then exceeds the limit. I now never download from the community unless the files are either screen shots or plain text script files.

Nothing for it but to start again because you won't be able to access the documents you have created unless you buy a license. Lesson learnt - always export your scripts and expressions into a library in case this happens again.

Not applicable
Author

Hi qlikviewwizard‌, please can you guide me how can i remove REGDIT? what are the necessary steps to follow in order to make this work?

Regards,

Karthik

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Karthik,

You can find REGEDIT in Windows search (Start Button), there you can modify or delete the files.

START:> Search REGEDIT:> RUN exe file 😆 You can delete or modify related QV files.

Hope it helps!!