Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot table column width problem

Hi,

I have a pivot table where expressions are rows and dimensions are columns (see the attached demo for illustration).

Is there a way to resize the first column (expression labels) without resizing dimension columns at the same time?

As seen you can see from the attached document there is a lot of wasted space if columns can't be resized separately.

I tried the following macro but it will resize all the columns including the first label column.

sub resize
set chart = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH02")
  chart.SetPixWidth 1,100
end sub

Switching dimensions back to rows is not an option.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try using a straight table with the Horizontal option checked on the Presentation tab. See attached qvw

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try using a straight table with the Horizontal option checked on the Presentation tab. See attached qvw

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Nice, thank you.

That works just fine.

jonathan_dau
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Gysbert,

Indeed your solution is the good one but it has a side effect: you loose the ability to customize expression label.

For example I try to put some of the expression labels in Bold with a particular color background. Unfortunately the format and color apply only to data and not to the label.

Does anybody have any idea how I can do to customize these labels. I've tried using custom format cell without success. That's what happens when your client wants to do excel like Qlikview app : (

Jonathan

jonathan_dau
Contributor III
Contributor III

By the way sorry for being redundant because we can find a lot of posts on this problem but unfortunately I was unable to find the solution.

My eternal gratitude if someone know the trick.

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan

I had the same problem but eventually got it right

You do it by formating background color/text color and/or text format in the Dimensionstab (pic1)

Pic1.png

For color use the expression:

=RGB(220,220,220)

(this is light gray I think)

You can find the exact colornumbers by clicking on them (pic2)

pic2.png

Hop it helps

Cheers

Bruno

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

When I do that I am getting expression values is coming twice!

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Any update from anyone on this?

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Sorry it was my mistake it was looking good now!

Not applicable
Author

If I am having another dimension which i want to show as row along with the expressions...