Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pivot total

Hi all,

I have a table like below:

error loading image

Problem is that the totals of Totaal (test) are not shown ... Totaal (test) has the following expression:

[Aantal] * [Kosten]

When selecting for instance only one Type the totals are shown correctly ... but for all Types it is not.

What am I missing here??

thx

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Most likely, both of your other expressions - "Aatal" and "Kosten", have conditions that work for a single Type but cannot be resolved when multiple types are available.

For example something like this:

If (Type = 'Budget', .... , ....)

THis type of expression can't be resolved at the total level. The solution is to use advanced aggregation and first calculate the values for each Type and then summarize them:

expr. = sum(aggr( <my current expression>, Type))

This should work...

cheers,

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Most likely, both of your other expressions - "Aatal" and "Kosten", have conditions that work for a single Type but cannot be resolved when multiple types are available.

For example something like this:

If (Type = 'Budget', .... , ....)

THis type of expression can't be resolved at the total level. The solution is to use advanced aggregation and first calculate the values for each Type and then summarize them:

expr. = sum(aggr( <my current expression>, Type))

This should work...

cheers,

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Might need to include all of the dimensions? Can't remember for sure. I guess if it doesn't work with just Type, add the others.

sum(aggr(<my current expression>,"Aankoop / Huur","SC","Type"))

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Good point, I missed the other dimensions - you definitely need to list all the dimensions in the AGGR.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Try making your expression aggregatable:

=sum([Aantal] * [Kosten])

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I added this for both Aantal and Kosten ...

sum(aggr(<my current expression>,"Aankoop / Huur","SC","Type"))

Did try some stuff with aggr, but didn't came up this idea so thx.

Just having sum(<Aantal expression>) didn't work ... but with aggr it works great!

Only the problem now is that Kosten is also shown as total but shouldn't be a total ... but already working on that!!

So thanx you both for giving me a clue 😉