Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bvssudhakar
Creator III
Creator III

Problem With Expression

Hi Experts,

I have created one text object with this expression:

=Sum(Aggr(Sum(DISTINCT {<HIERARCHY_SELECT=,Recruiter = {'Irfan Memon', 'Rajiv Ranjan', 'Aditi Saxena', 'Sneha Singh'}, JobClassid = {4}, Date_Flag={'EnterDate'}>} NoOpenings), jobid))

In this HIERARCHY_SELECT is my list box.

I want exclude HIERARCHY_SELECT list box selection to my text object that's why i created like this. But whenever i am selecting the values in my HIERARCHY_SELECT list box those selections are applying to that text object also

What is the wrong with my expression. I am not getting

Can you guys please help me out to achieve this

Thank you in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try like:

=Sum({<HIERARCHY_SELECT>} Aggr({<HIERARCHY_SELECT>} Sum(DISTINCT {<HIERARCHY_SELECT=,Recruiter = {'Irfan Memon', 'Rajiv Ranjan', 'Aditi Saxena', 'Sneha Singh'}, JobClassid = {4}, Date_Flag={'EnterDate'}>} NoOpenings), jobid))

View solution in original post

7 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try like:

=Sum({<HIERARCHY_SELECT>} Aggr({<HIERARCHY_SELECT>} Sum(DISTINCT {<HIERARCHY_SELECT=,Recruiter = {'Irfan Memon', 'Rajiv Ranjan', 'Aditi Saxena', 'Sneha Singh'}, JobClassid = {4}, Date_Flag={'EnterDate'}>} NoOpenings), jobid))

bvssudhakar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

HI Tresesco,

It's working fine. I have one more expression

=fabs(Interval{<HIERARCHY_SELECT=>}EnterDate - Today(),'d')  ------ it is showing error in expression

Can you please modify this also

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try like:

fabs(Interval ( Only({<HIERARCHY_SELECT=>} EnterDate) - Today(),'d'))

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The Aggr() dimension value respect the selections, so you need to have the Aggr() inside an override of the current selections that affect the Aggr(). This is basically what Tresesco's solution does, although Ithink the second override is unnecessary:

Sum({<HIERARCHY_SELECT>} Aggr({Sum(DISTINCT {<HIERARCHY_SELECT, Recruiter = {'Irfan Memon', 'Rajiv Ranjan', 'Aditi Saxena', 'Sneha Singh'}, JobClassid = {4}, Date_Flag={'EnterDate'}>} NoOpenings), jobid))

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
bvssudhakar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Tresesco,

It's not working

bvssudhakar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry to say this...  It's not working. It is giving error.

Tresesco's solution is working fine

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Stray {

Sum({<HIERARCHY_SELECT>} Aggr(Sum(DISTINCT {<HIERARCHY_SELECT, Recruiter = {'Irfan Memon', 'Rajiv Ranjan', 'Aditi Saxena', 'Sneha Singh'}, JobClassid = {4}, Date_Flag={'EnterDate'}>} NoOpenings), jobid))

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein