Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AG-gugelbisolutions
Creator II
Creator II

QVD readability across QlikView versions

Hi there, a pretty basic and somewhat old question.

I know that when QlikView 12 was released, qvd files became sharable with Qlik Sense because the associative engine was the same.

I remember there was also a "drawback": qvd files created with QlikView 12 (or higher) became unreadable from preceding versions.

Am I wrong? To be honest, I never tried.

Thanks

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Until today I hadn't any issue with loading qvd's created with the other release. Therefore I think they are in general further exchangeable - whereby there might be a few special scenarios which run into any issues. Somewhat reminds me that Qlik didn't implement in the end all planned features for the new qvd-structure - maybe not all of the new features hasn't enough benefits to loose for it the compatibility between the releases and tools.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

Until today I hadn't any issue with loading qvd's created with the other release. Therefore I think they are in general further exchangeable - whereby there might be a few special scenarios which run into any issues. Somewhat reminds me that Qlik didn't implement in the end all planned features for the new qvd-structure - maybe not all of the new features hasn't enough benefits to loose for it the compatibility between the releases and tools.

- Marcus