Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Selvaganesh
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikView App - Not Responding

Dear Community Members, I'm Facing technical issues in QlikView Application. After opening the application while clicking any menu options (i.e., File, View, settimg etc..,) the QlikView Application stops responding and freezes. I tried installing updated version but still issue persist. Please advise.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Had another related post that I cannot find now that issue did turn out to be related to Symantec Anti-virus, so that is where I think I would focus, get up with your internal IT folks and see if they can disable things for you as a test, and if that works, you have confirmation something in the A/V settings is messing with things, just have to figure out and get an exception in place I believe.  Sorry I could not track down the other post.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

It sounds like you have trouble with system resources. Is it a large application?

Does your server have sufficient RAM and CPU to run it? 

How does the data model look? Does does it contain a lot of complicated association using synthetic keys or circular references?

You could also try to analyse your app using @rwunderlich  QlikView document analyzer 

Selvaganesh
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @rwunderlich ,

Is it a large application? - "QlikView Personal Edition X64" around 200 MB.

Does your server have sufficient RAM and CPU to run it?  - "No Server or Dataware house linked, the issue is after start up of the application even no data loaded"

How does the data model look? Does does it contain a lot of complicated association using synthetic keys or circular references? - "Application crashes / Freezes just after start up"

Please assist.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Do I understand correctly, the issue lies in qlikview desktop  and not when opening a specific qvw file?

Did anything change on your computer/server in prior to this behaviour started? 

What happens in your the resource monitor when opening the qv desktop? 

You say you have upgraded your installation, have you tried to uninstall to do a clean install? 

Selvaganesh
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Vegar,

Thank you for getting back!

The issue is with the QlikView X64 Personal edition and not with qvw file.

Did anything change on your computer/server in prior to this behaviour started?  - "No changes, I remember updating Symantec last week and furthermore the application not used for a couple weeks.

What happens in your the resource monitor when opening the qv desktop?  - "It says not responding under "Processes".

You say you have upgraded your installation, have you tried to uninstall to do a clean install? "Yes - Uninstall and reinstalled"

Thanks.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

It's a though one to understand. What about the resource monitor that is monitoring your ram and cpu? Is it OK when opening the QV desktop?

I would normally suggested you to open a support case at Qlik Support, but if you are using personal edition I assume you don't  have a support agreement with qlik or does your organization have qlikview licenses? 

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Maybe  @Brett_Bleess  from Qlik Support can advice on how you can proceed with finding a solution to your problem?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Selvaganesh, the only thing making much sense is I am guessing your dialogs have gone off your screen, and the easiest way to confirm this one is to 'reset' your Settings.ini file.  Be sure the Desktop client is closed, then go to the following path to find the Settings.ini file and rename it to .old or something, and then reopen the Desktop client and see if everything is working for you properly or not.

C:\Users\UserProfileName\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView\Settings.ini

Shout back if this does not work, but hopefully this is what is wrong.  If you have recently connected to a projector of some sort just before the issue occurred, I believe this should fix things.  If you want to 'fix' your old file, what you would want to do is clear the {WindowPos] entries in the Settings.ini, that will reset all the dialog positions too.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Another way to get access to your offscreen dialogs is a Windows trick. 

1. Press Alt-Space 

2. Use the arrow keys to select "Move" from the menu and press Enter.

3. Use the arrow keys to move your window into view. 

-Rob
http://masterssummit.com
http://qlikviewcookbook.com
http://www.easyqlik.com

Selvaganesh
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Brett_Bleess ,

I followed the steps advised below; however, the issue still persist.