Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qvfan
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikView Personal Edition - suddenly slow

Hello,

I have been using QlikView Personal Edition for many years (currently using the last release made available, November 2017 SR7, Version 12.20.20800.0) and all of a sudden it's very slow.

I am talking about general usability: simple things like switching tabs, applying filters, just moving around... it's painfully slow. The underlying qvw file and size of the data is irrelevant. In fact, reloading the data (running through scripts) works fine. But there's now a delay with any click action (again, applying/clearing filters, switching tabs, right-clicking, etc.).

Please note: I've turned off all anti-virus applications to make sure this is not the cause of the problem.

Any ideas please?

Thank you.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

https://us-b.demo.qlik.com/download/

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if there are yet possibilities for you to get a more current release - it might be if you are a registered customer. If not you should consider to downgrade to your older release.

Reasons for such a behaviour could be (invalid) variables or calculated dimensions - especially within groups which sometimes cause a re-calculation by each user-interaction. But I think more likely as this is a change within the rendering engine which came approximately to the time of your mentioned release. I didn't face this issue but remember of having seen some postings about it but not really what were possible solutions or workarounds. 

- Marcus

qvfan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Marcus.

I am a registered user and I don't think there is a more current release.

Also, I didn't upgrade recently, although I think the performance issues started after a Windows update, but not sure.

I appreciate your response though.

Carlos

marcus_sommer

Quite recently I saw here a posting about slowing down Qlik quite significantly after a certain windows patch but unfortunately I couldn't find it yet. If I remember it correctly it's a problem on the window side to windows 10 as well as to the windows server-releases and not fixed yet so that the patch needs to be removed.

- Marcus

Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

Can you try upgrading your desktop client to QlikView April 2020 SR 4 and see if you are experiencing the same slowness? 

qvfan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Lucas,

How/where can I download that release?

Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

https://us-b.demo.qlik.com/download/

qvfan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I hadn't realized this was a newer release!

I just downloaded it, installed it and the problem appears to be solved!

Thanks Lucas!

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @qvfan,

Upon reading your description, I had the same thought that @marcus_sommer  did regarding the recent Windows KB4601319 update .  Refer to thread https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Administration/Performance-drop-on-QV-Desktop-Clients-since-i... and check to see if KB4601319 is present on your computer.  If so, try removing the update to see if your QV Desktop PE performance is improved. 

Hope this helps!

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
qvfan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I just checked and I do have the KB4601319 update.

However, the problem was solved by upgrading to QlikView April 2020 SR 4, as suggested by Lucas, so I will not remove the update for now, but I appreciate the suggestion.

Thanks!