Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denwo2010
Creator
Creator

Qlikview 9 Upgrade - SR4 to SR5 IE Plugin

Hi,

I will be doing a upgrade on QlikView 9 from SR4 to SR5, would the users have a issue if they were using the SR4 IE Plugin on SR5? just incase I have missed a user and not installed the latest IE Plugin (Ver 9.0.7502.8) ?

Thanks

6 Replies
denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

anyone?

Not applicable

It's best if everything is all on the same sr version. Having the plug in available would be the best bet, tell everyone to download from the acsess point. I t won't do any harm if they download the lateste version and they already have it installed.

denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, basically the users cannot not download the IE plugin as they do not have local admin rights on there machine, so incase I miss someone out will it still work if they have the IE Plugin that they have SR4 will the same IE plugin work on SR5?

suniljain
Master
Master

Dear ,

You also have to upgrade IE Plugin otherwise there will be issue in QV object dispaly.

sometimes object will not display properly due to version mismatch.

I already faced this situation.

denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunil, Do you know if it is backwards compatible i.e. have the IE Plugin for SR5 but using a SR4 Document?

suniljain
Master
Master

You can use IE Plugin of SR5 for qlikview application of SR4.