Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Regarding Top 10 in Pivot

Dear All,

I used rank() in expression defination for calculating top 10...and i got that but how i can suppress other value in expression field other than top 10 in pivot table.

below is my expression :-

=if(Rank(Count( {<SUB_VERTICAL_DESC={'AUTO'} >} SI_NO)) <=10,Count( {<SUB_VERTICAL_DESC={'AUTO'} >} SI_NO))

Screeshot and QVW is also attached here for your reference

Kindly help !!!!

Regards

Sarfaraz

18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont think your screenshot show the wrong numbers does it?

It just adjust the ranking to your selection. So if you select one INTERMD_NAME, it returns the top 10 rank of that selected INTERMD_NAME.

sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Joseph,

I am looking for output like below xlsheet...

Please have the loon on xlsheet

Sarfaraz

sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear dennis,

So what i can do to achive the same .....I want to Show the output like above ...if am not selecting any category...then it should show the Top 10 as i want ....

Any suggestion\clue to rectify the same ...

Sarfaraz

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see what you mean, maybe the attached document is what you are looking for.

Dennis.

jzimolong
Creator II
Creator II

Hello.  I opened the following thread, because I think I have your solution, but could not get the blank rows to be suppressed.  Turns out it may be the version of Qlik I'm using.  Anyway, take a look at this thread and see if any of the sample QVWs folks have posted work for your needs.

http://community.qlik.com/thread/148554

jzimolong
Creator II
Creator II

I upgraded to 11.2 SR7 and now suppressing rows for an expression works.  I think the attached is close, but now I can't figure out how to SORT the expression, LOL.......

jzimolong
Creator II
Creator II

Last follow-up.  Check out the following thread on how to get the sorting in proper order:

http://community.qlik.com/thread/148712

sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Dennis,

Thanks for your solution ....it works perfect as per expectation....Very nice..

Many Thanks

Sarfaraz

sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks joseph for your reply........Many thanks due to your thread i learned new things in Qlikview...

Sarfaraz