Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomastc
Contributor III
Contributor III

Relatively simple set analysis question

Hello folks,

This question is causing me some issues, I can get around it using an ‘if’ statement but would prefer to do it all using set analysis.

I need to identify patients who fall into a certain criteria in the last 12 months and have 2 or more events fitting that criteria, no problem so far.

However the problem arises with the requirement that they have to have had one of these events in the last 3 months.

I can get this to work but it still shows me patients where the activity is < 2; I only need to show activity where it is  >=2.

Here is my set analysis so far:

=sum({<PseudoPID = {"=Count({1<PodC = {'NEL'}, LengthOfStay = {'>=2'},  MonthAbbrevList = {'>=$(=Num(Date#(Max(AddMonths(AddYears(MonthAbbrevList, -1), 1)), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))))<=$(=Max(MonthAbbrevList))'}>}GeneratedRecordIdentifier) >= 2"
"=Count({1<PodC = {'NEL'}, LengthOfStay = {'>=2'},  MonthAbbrevList = {'>=$(=Num(Date#(Max(AddMonths(AddMonths(MonthAbbrevList, -3), 1)), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))))<=$(=Max(MonthAbbrevList))'}>}GeneratedRecordIdentifier) >= 1"

MonthAbbrevList = {">=$(=Num(Date#(Max(AddMonths(AddYears(MonthAbbrevList, -1), 1)), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))))<=$(=Max(MonthAbbrevList))"},
       PodC
= {'NEL'}, LengthOfStay = {'>=2'},

PseudoPID = P(PseudoPID)
    >}
Activity_Actual)

Simply put, get me patients who have had >=2 or more events in the last 12 months with one of those events in the last 3 months (from the latest date).

As stated it is solved using an ‘if’ statement but I would like to do it all with Set Analysis.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thomastc
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Well I think I have sorted it now using the power of ‘set intersection’:

=sum(
{1<
FullDate =  {">=$(=AddMonths(AddYears(Date(Max(MonthAbbrevList),'DD/MM/YYYY'), -1), 1))<=$(=MonthEnd(Date(Max(MonthAbbrevList),'DD/MM/YYYY')))"}
PodC = {'NEL'}, LengthOfStay = {'>2'},PseudoPID =

P({1<PseudoPID = {"=Count({<LengthOfStay = {'>2'}, PodC = {'NEL'}, FullDate =  {'>=$(=AddMonths(AddYears(Date(Max(MonthAbbrevList),'DD/MM/YYYY'), -1), 1))<=$(=MonthEnd(Date(Max(MonthAbbrevList),'DD/MM/YYYY')))'}
           >}GeneratedRecordIdentifier) >= 1"
}>} PseudoPID)

P({1<PseudoPID = {"=Count({<LengthOfStay = {'>2'}, PodC = {'NEL'}, FullDate =  {'>=$(=AddMonths(AddYears(Date(Max(MonthAbbrevList),'DD/MM/YYYY'), -1), 1))<=$(=MonthEnd(Date(Max(MonthAbbrevList),'DD/MM/YYYY')))'}
           >}GeneratedRecordIdentifier) >= 2"
}>} PseudoPID)
>}
Activity_Actual)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Try this:

=sum({<PseudoPID = {"=Count({1<PodC = {'NEL'}, LengthOfStay = {">=2"},  MonthAbbrevList = {">=$(=Num(Date#(Max(AddMonths(AddYears(MonthAbbrevList, -1), 1)), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))))<=$(=Max(MonthAbbrevList))"}>}GeneratedRecordIdentifier) >= 2"
"=Count({1<PodC = {'NEL'}, LengthOfStay = {">=2"},  MonthAbbrevList = {">=$(=Num(Date#(Max(AddMonths(AddMonths(MonthAbbrevList, -3), 1)), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))))<=$(=Max(MonthAbbrevList))"}>}GeneratedRecordIdentifier) >= 1"

MonthAbbrevList = {">=$(=Num(Date#(Max(AddMonths(AddYears(MonthAbbrevList, -1), 1)), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))))<=$(=Max(MonthAbbrevList))"},
       PodC
= {'NEL'}, LengthOfStay = {">=2"},

PseudoPID = P(PseudoPID)
    >}
Activity_Actual)

HTH

Sushil

thomastc
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That's red line city I am afraid.

I suppose we can simplify this just by taking into account the date ranges and the counts. I can add the other criteria later.

If we just say we want a count of 2 or more in the last 12 months with one (or more) of the events with in 3 months of the latest date.

Thanks,

Tom

thomastc
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Well I think I have sorted it now using the power of ‘set intersection’:

=sum(
{1<
FullDate =  {">=$(=AddMonths(AddYears(Date(Max(MonthAbbrevList),'DD/MM/YYYY'), -1), 1))<=$(=MonthEnd(Date(Max(MonthAbbrevList),'DD/MM/YYYY')))"}
PodC = {'NEL'}, LengthOfStay = {'>2'},PseudoPID =

>}GeneratedRecordIdentifier) >= 1"
}>} PseudoPID)

>}GeneratedRecordIdentifier) >= 2"
}>} PseudoPID)
>}
Activity_Actual)