Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sagar_vij99
Creator
Creator

Represent NA in a Bar Chart

hi there,

Actually i am using a DB where for a column i can have possible values as 0,1 and Blank. I can show sum of these values in a Bar Chart over a dimension. Now the question is I want to show another bar in the same chart that will show NA for blank values on the same dimension.

eg.

Load * inline

[

name,errors

A,2

B,3

A,Blank

]

Can anyone please help me out here..??

Also I have another question. Here i am trying to calculate %share for an individual from same column, so Column NPT has nu. of production hours. When i calculate % for A it will be sum(NPT)/sum(NPT). now the problem is it always show 100% whenever i select a person's name in filter and i understand the reason that it filters out other values as well. Is it possible to store total of NPT column seperatley and then i can use it to calculate percentage share of each individual..? I am trying this on frontend. Any help/suggestion will be appreciated.

eg,

Name,NPT

A,2

B,2

ideally share should be 50% for both but i am getting 100.

Thanks

Sagar

13 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What are you expecting from given data set

Load * inline [

name,errors

A,2

B,3

A,Blank ];

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sagar_vij99
Creator
Creator
Author

Anil I want my chart to represent 3 columns where it should print 2,Blank with A on xaxis and only 3 with B on x axis.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

In chart, 3 columns??? Will you able to draw on paper and share?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi sagar,

blank spaces - no value - in an Excel sheet are a bit tricky to display - you will have to use an auxiliary formula in Excel to display something whenever there is a BLANK in that column - or try to load that with an IF_formula like

>> IF(LEN(TRIM([field])=0, 'A', 'B') <<

in QlikView and then check whether the count is correct - whether all the blank spaces in the column have been correctly identified by QlikView.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

sagar_vij99
Creator
Creator
Author

@Capture.JPG

I hope you can relate to this..Where i have values percentages are calculated but where we have blanks for a process it shows NA

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Does it mean, you want to remove NA from above image. i am sorry for that. Will you able to provide sample application

sagar_vij99
Creator
Creator
Author

Anil i want to keep it. As of now i am not able to show NA in bar chart. The chart i have provided above is made in excel not qlikview. o just wanted to show the example.

sagar_vij99
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Hofmann,

My requirement is to show NA in bar chart..

sagar_vij99
Creator
Creator
Author

Also can you please revert back to my second question..??

"I have another question. Here i am trying to calculate %share for an individual from same column, so Column NPT has nu. of production hours. When i calculate % for A it will be sum(NPT)/sum(NPT). now the problem is it always show 100% whenever i select a person's name in filter and i understand the reason that it filters out other values as well. Is it possible to store total of NPT column seperatley and then i can use it to calculate percentage share of each individual..? I am trying this on frontend. Any help/suggestion will be appreciated."