Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Script is hanged

Hi

After complete execution of the script ,the script is hanged and cpu utilization reaches to maximum (100 per). What may be the reason behind the same ?

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hanging.png

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Could be effect due to

1) Data volume

2) RAM is not enough with the file sizes

3) Check in Task manager how statistics are worked

4) My end up point is try to install postgre4.0 with Server statistics to check all none are the DML works?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

cpu.png

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What this report indicates? Which object is that? How many dims and measures in that report?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
ramasaisaksoft

Hi Saksham,

Case 1:-

As we faced the same issue when "Circular loop happens" in Script.

So my advise is just debug the script for 100 records  and find the solution.

then check your data model.

Case 2:-

Else some times we will feel hang the script because of Stored procedure execution.

If Stored Procedure is there then it will take time to execute and get the result from the data base and it will consume RAM also as per the data retrieving from the Data base.

Hope it will solve you issue else,if possible  please share your script our folks will help to you ASAP.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

This report indicates sales comparison for the year 2016 and 207

dimensions are :-

1.distribution channel

2. gender

3.category

following are the expressions in the script :

There are different expressions for each year and season for eg:-

=

num(sum(if(Sold_Date <= MakeDate(Prev_Year,month(To),day(To)) and Sold_Dat>=MakeDate(Prev_Year,From),day(From)),  [inv value]))/Sales_INR_Unit, '#,##0.0')

2014 season

=

num(

sum(

if(

Sold_Date <=

MakeDate(

Prev_Year,

month(

To),

day(

To))

and

Sold_Date >=

MakeDate(

Prev_Year,

month(

From),

day(

From))

and

[Season Code] =

$(vSales_Summary_Previous_Season)

[inv value]))/

Sales_INR_Unit,
'#,##0.0')

ch.pngThese are following expressions and so on for other seasons too

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Till here we are in good. May be 1st point is effecting?

Can you check limitations of dimension in report? If this is straight table there is option called "Dimension Limits" so just click 1000 for a while and try with filter. Is still issue showing i may need to understand your specifications like

1) RAM Size

2) File Size

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is the error when I debug the script

err.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Where I will find this option ?