Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III

Search Box

Hi All,

I have written the following  code:

Tag Field Dimension           With '$hidden';

Tag Field Month           With '$hidden';

Dimensions:

LOAD

INLINE [

Dimension

Month];

Now the issue what i am facing is i need to able to select Month field in search object. But i am not able to view that field in SEARCH OBJECT box. Can you please help how to get that field in search object.

Attached the qvw for more reference.

Thanks,

Bharat

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

I have added that field in the search object following the steps explained above.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am not following you, You want to show Selection box it self. Which one you want to show. Like below

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Anil,

In search object i need to add that field called Fiscal_Month_12NC. Because in search object properties when ever  i try to add Fiscal_Month_12NC field i am not able to see that one.

Kindly let me know if you require anything more..

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Right click on search object->General->List of Fields->Click on the expression button (...)->'Show System Fiels' enable it. Now you would be able to see and select your hidden fields from the field list.

Capture.PNG

Or, you can even type in your field name in the expression window.

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Tresesco,

I have enabled it but still i am not able to see that field...

Anil_Babu_Samineni

This you meant to say this? In fact, Your inline is showing only Field that's called Dimension. So, Fiscal... is the value which comes under Dimension it self.

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Your app has only one field called 'Dimension' and no field called 'Fiscal_Month_12NC'. In fact, 'Fiscal_Month_12NC' is a field value of Dimension field.

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes Anil i need to able to select Fiscal_Month_12NC... Not Dimension... Only field called Fiscal_Month_12NC.

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Please check the attached app...

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes, is there any way that i can able to select only Fiscal_Month_12NC in search object...