Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access Problem

Hi Folks

This one is really frustrating me, I've spent hours fiddling around with things and getting nowhere.

I have a seciton access table which links to two link tables in order to reduce the content of my fact table, the link tables are used because I have a data restriction on four different dimension values.  Anyway, I have proved that the model itself works fine by simply renaming the NTNAME field to USERID and then logging into the document with any of my user id values to test the reduction, everything is working fine using that method.

When I change the USERID field back to NTNAME, nothing works, every time I try to open the document it tells me that I have no access to the document.

This can really only be down to QlikView not matching the logged in user to the NTNAME field (I think) because I simply cannot figure out what else could be wrong, so the question is, how do I go about debugging this?  If I run any of my other documents on the same environment that I get UBSW\WESTNI returned as the value for OSUSER() and I would have thought that this was being used to match up to NTNAME.

For the purposes of covering myself, I have added in UBSW\WESTNI, UBSPROD\WESTNI and WESTNI as NTNAME values into Section Access, but still, it tells me I have no access.

Any help on this greatly appreciated, I already have no hair, next is my life!!

0 Replies