Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Section Access

Hi,

I have a report where I want to restric the users from viewing the data.

Let me explain with an example

-A sales person reporting to a manager and that manager reporting to Senior manager. All the sales person are related to different Departments like Marketing, Finance etc.

-My report will contain 2 types of Hierarchy, One is Department level and another one is manager level hierarchy.

-When a user logs in the Deparment to which the person is related to be set and he/she should not be able to view other department information.

-There will be a deep-dive page connected to Home page. It will be  a different sheet opened when a user clicks on a button on the Home Page.
-Only managers will be able to go to this deep-dive page and can view the details of the sales person reporting to them i.e. The manager's below hierarchy and not the hierarchy above them.

How do I achive this??

Issues when I use Section Access are

-There are few fields to be set when the user logs in such as department, time period etc. When I use section Access I was not able to set the default fields.

-How do I build the Manager hierarchy? Because A manager reporting to a senior manager has reportee's reporting to him/her.

-How do I sync the hierarchy which I build for Section Access with the LAN users list.

Any help would be appritiated!!

Thanks in advance.

Laxmi

1 Reply
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Have a look at this blog post: hierarchy-authorization