Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raynac
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Selection of Summarized Field

I have a chart (a pivot table, technically) that summarizes purchases/spending by customer.

What I am trying to do is allow my client to choose to see only those that have spent within a specified range...say $200-$300.

Is there a way to do this?  The owner of the company doesn't like the little built in search/magnifying glass at the top of the summarized column as it's quite small and if a client doesn't know what it is or why it's there, then they can't use it.  He wants some sort of box where the client can key in 200 and 300 and see their customers who fall into this range.

Is this even possible?  If so, can someone please tell me how?  I have seen the input boxes but they seem aimed at variables and I could not quite figure out if these would or could be helpful.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You can use input boxes to fill a top and bottom of range variables, which you can then use in set expression.

like Customer={'=Sum(Sales)>$(vMin)'}

I've made an example, see attached

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

See below Link:

http://community.qlik.com/message/316197#316197

Regards

Neetha

raynac
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Neetha,

Thank you so much!  This is a great reference; however, unfortunately, it does not solve my issue.

I need to be able to select within a summarized expression in a chart, not in a static field, and I cannot find anyway to reference a specified column in a chart for comparison purposes.  Is there a way, and I am just missing it?

Not applicable

Hi Rayna,

If I am not wrong then you want to show all customer list who has spent between 200 and 300?

please reply yes or no if possible please attached some dome, I think I have worked on this

raynac
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

HI Rakesh,

Yes, exactly! I want to allow a client to enter two numbers: a top of range and bottom of range and show only those who spent a cumulative amount in that range.

If you can help, I'd be most grateful!

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You can use input boxes to fill a top and bottom of range variables, which you can then use in set expression.

like Customer={'=Sum(Sales)>$(vMin)'}

I've made an example, see attached

Not applicable

Hi Rayna,

sorry for late reply but not able to attaché the qvw file.

in this attachment you have input box and also by using list box.

Capture.PNG

raynac
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you so much!  I will take a look at this for future reference!

raynac
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

You are a genius!  This worked like a charm...thanks ever so much!!

arthur_dom
Creator III
Creator III

Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 17.33.38.pngI like to do thing's like that using the class function....