Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Join us at the Cloud Data and Analytics Tour! REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server side macro

Hey hi guys,
I'm trying to run a little batch file via macro, and it works just fine... BUT it doesn't when running server side...

sub launchbatPlain
Set objshell = createobject("Wscript.Shell")
sCmd = Chr(34) & "C:\batch.bat " & Chr(34)
objshell.Run(sCmd), 0, False
end sub

We use the IE Plugin, how could I make the macro run server side instead of client side, e.g. running the batch file located on the server C driver, not the user C drive.

Thanks a bunch!

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

try using the PsExec instead of Run for details please see

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897553.aspx

Hope this helps

Talha

rwunderlich
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

[quote user="Nicolas Dubé"]running the batch file located on the server C driver, not the user C drive

Does the batch file need to actually *execute* on the server, or can you run on the client but use a UNC path -- \\server\folder\batch.bat -- to point to the file on the server.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

I once had the same problem due to the fact that we don't have the publisher enterprise, but the standard edtion.

The only solution I found was the following:

- Creating a dummy file server side with serversideexport (s. manual/API)

- Running a script/ program which observes the folder all the time and which executes your batch in case of a filled folder

- Delete the file

But maybe s.o. knows a better solution...

Not applicable
Author

Rob, well yes, it actually has to RUN on the server since the batch file uses a special program that we don't want to install client side. That's the real itching point here.

DW, that's a concept, thanks for the idea, this might work as a last resort, but a more straightforward solution would be appreciated here, since this is tied up to the end user response time.

m-wise
Partner
Partner

Any luck with this? I'm looking for a serverside macro as well.

Roy

Not applicable
Author

Nopte, not on my side, we've swtich to a workarround solution instead (OpenURL).

But still, comments on the topic at hands are very much appreciated.