Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis - Setting a field equal to another field's selection

Is it possible to set a field equal to another field's selection using set analysis?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Try this, should work

sum({<Field2=P(Field1)>} Count1)

View solution in original post

13 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you tried

{<FieldA = FieldB >}

?

Not applicable
Author

I'm working on the expression that when I select in Field1 it will use the value of that selection in Field2 in the expression.  Field 2 table is a subset of Field1 table.  I was thinking of this expression but it does not work.

sum({<Field2=Field1>} Count1)

swuehl
MVP
MVP

How are your three fields related in your data model? Could you upload a small sample app?

Not applicable
Author

To explain further, here's where I am now.

sum({$<Field2= {"John"}>} Count1)

I want that "John" to be the selected value of Field1.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Try this, should work

sum({<Field2=P(Field1)>} Count1)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What about trying to set the selected value in Field1 into a Variable, and use this variable in set analysis?

The variable would be somethig like this:

vField1 = GetFieldSelections(Field1)

And the set analysis, using this variable:

sum({$<Field2= {$(vField1)}>} Count1)

Regards,

Gabriel

Not applicable
Author

This worked perfectly.  Can you explain a bit what the P does.  Sorry, I'm a beginner.

Not applicable
Author

From the help window:

There is however an additional way to define a set of field values by the use of a nested set definition.

In such cases, the element functions P() and E() must be used, representing the element set of possible values and the excluded values of a field, respectively. Inside the brackets, it is possible to specify one set expression and one field, e.g. P({1} Customer). These functions cannot be used in other expressions:

Examples:

sum( {$<Customer = P({1<Product={‘Shoe’}>} Customer)>} Sales )
returns the sales for current selection, but only those customers that ever have bought the product ‘Shoe’. The element function P( ) here returns a list of possible customers; those that are implied by the selection ‘Shoe’ in the field Product.

Not applicable
Author

I end up using Clever's solution since I don't have to use variable.  Thanks for the help anyway.