Skip to main content
Announcements
NEW: Seamless Public Data Sharing with Qlik's New Anonymous Access Capability: TELL ME MORE!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis - This Week, Last Year

Hi All,

Can anybody help me please as I can't spot where I am going wrong with my expression and I've only been looking at it for over a day now!

I want to be able to calculate the agregated sum for the selectd weeks data but from the Previous year. I did think this was easy but the results I am getting back are the same for this year.

for this years data i am using the expression

Sum({$<year={$(=Only(Year))}, Week={$(=Only(Week))}>} SalesGross)

and for the previous years expression i am using:

Sum({$<year={$(=(Only(Year)-1))}, Week={$(=Only(Week))}>} SalesGross)

from my example I have attached, you will see that the lables and text box are retuning the right values so can't figure out what is wrong with my expression

Many thanks

Lawrence

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

please look for upper and lower case writings. As I see from your data model, the field "Year" exists, but not the field "year"

Use:

Sum({$<Year={$(=(Only(Year)-1))}, Week={$(=Only(Week))}>} SalesGross)

If you select this row in your model you will see the message "bad field "year". Correct it and you will see a difference!

Good luck!

instead of

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

please look for upper and lower case writings. As I see from your data model, the field "Year" exists, but not the field "year"

Use:

Sum({$<Year={$(=(Only(Year)-1))}, Week={$(=Only(Week))}>} SalesGross)

If you select this row in your model you will see the message "bad field "year". Correct it and you will see a difference!

Good luck!

instead of

Not applicable
Author

Thanks very much for your help, but i now feel such a complete idiot.

Kind regards

Lawrence