Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcus_steggall
Creator
Creator

Set Analysis problem within Line Graph, doesn't ignore selections?!?

Evening everyone, hope you're well.

Quick one I hope, still being relatively new to qlikview developing.

I've created a set analysis, basically showing the sum of hours... over the last 12 months (This is shown at the bottom of my attached file).

I then put this code into a line graph and as you can see, this nicely shows the figures per month for that time range.

However, if i was to click on one of the "Period_Number"... the line graph changes upon that selection.

Even though i've put some code into the line graph, saying ignore "Period_Number" selection.

Any ideas, where i'm being silly here?

Time is much appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Use this as your expression:

=Sum({Practice<[Period_Sort]={">=$(=max({$}[Period_Sort]-1)-11)<=$(=max({$}[Period_Sort])-1)"}>} Hours)

and this as your sort order:

=Avg({Practice}Period_Sort)

HTH

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

The issue is that somehow you won't be able to control the dimension from reducing after selection. You can use the alternate state concept in this case. Give it a try and see if this solves your purpose.

Best,

Sunny

sunny_talwar

Use this as your expression:

=Sum({Practice<[Period_Sort]={">=$(=max({$}[Period_Sort]-1)-11)<=$(=max({$}[Period_Sort])-1)"}>} Hours)

and this as your sort order:

=Avg({Practice}Period_Sort)

HTH

Best,

Sunny

marcus_steggall
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

The expression you sent me, works an absolute treat in that example... can i ask what is meant by the "Practice" piece within the code?

sunny_talwar

Practice is one of the alternate state which you had already created in your application. I just made use of it.

Best,

Sunny

marcus_steggall
Creator
Creator
Author

ahhh yes of course Adding alternate states to the actual expression.

Appreciate your help again, most helpful.