Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show only important values

Dears,

Here I'm again,

I have some excel spreadsheets. One of this spreadsheets named SHOPNAMES contains some information about my stores, like ShopName, ShopNameLat and ShopNameLong, and some others information. The others spreadsheets are connected to this one by the cell named ShopName in order to obtain some extra information. All my spreadhsheets have the same cell named ShopName. The problem is. In a new tab I would like to show only the values available in my SpreadSheetASC, not all the ShopNames of the SHOPNAMES spreadsheet.

How can I do it?

Follow attached is a printscreen showing the actual scenario.

Just a correcting note: In the image the GRAY CELLS SHOULD NOT BE VISIBLE...

Thanks for your attention,

Best regards,

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Do you not want to show the gray fields in the selections box?  If so, just change the option to 'Hide Excluded' under the General Tab of the List Box Properties.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Perhaps create a field "ShopNameASC" that appears only in the table associated with that spreadsheet.  Then use that as your dimension instead of ShopName.  Or if you wanted to do it with, say, ShopNameLong, left join the shop name table onto your ASC table, creating ShopNameLongASC.  There are probably other ways.  That's just the first thing that came to mind.