Not sure if your have resolved all your issues, but this might help anyone else in future.
1. Properties-> Layout -> Reduce Border Width to 0 pt and No Shadow.
2. Detach the Chart - The chart title is appended with the text "(Detached)" and the chart is no longer updated with selections made in the document (though selections may actually still be made from the chart). The command is available only if the chart is attached.
By making a copy of a chart and detaching it, you can make direct comparisons between the copy and the original.
3. Pie charts, line charts and scatter charts cannot display more than two dimensions. In bar charts, up to three dimensions can be shown.
4. Try Theme maker: Properties->Layout->Theme Maker
5. Check your Expressions and check the Invisible check box.
If this helped you, please mark as Helpful. If it solves your issue, please mark as Answer