Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hkg_qlik
Creator III
Creator III

Sorting options in Straight Table

Hi,

When I make any Straight table I can only assign a single sort (ASC or DESC) on any one of the column name in the table.

Is there a way where I can provide interactive sort option for each Expression in the Straight table for the end user?

For example: I have a Revenue & COGS table with Customer Name, Number, Sales Amt, Revenue Amt, Invoice Date and so on..

In the present scenario I can develop a Straight table with any of the above mention expression for a interactive sort: Like Revenue Amt (DESC)

Can we have the same type of sorting available for each expression on the same table?

Thanks,

H

7 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Hkgnadhi,

In the Straight Table , Sort the Expressions you have written in Ascending or Descinding using the Sort Tab. If you double click on the Header Column of every expression you can see the sort symbol using which you can sort in the required order . The Sort Symbol is seen in all the expression header if you double click on the Header...

Regards,

Chakravarthy.

hkg_qlik
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Can we have both ASC and DESC options for same expression.

For example: For the first double click on a expression it will give ASC order and on the same expression if we again double click it will give DESC order.

Is that possible...if yes can you explain.

Thanks,

H

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Yes, the first double click will give you one order, the next the other.

hkg_qlik
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Somehow its not working for me.

If I click twice it only gives me one order thats DESC.

Do I have to enable anything in the SORT tab?

Thanks,

H

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

"Allow Interactive Sort" on the sort tab, but I believe it should be checked by default.

Not applicable

Hi am having the exact same problem and cannot get the interactive sort to work

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Not applicable

Eventually figured out why certain of my columns suddenly stopped sorting interactively, even though “Allow interactive sort” was enabled

Check for Disabled expressions (red circle with a cross through it) and move these expressions right to the bottom of your expression list. It appears that sorting is problamatic only on those expressions (columns) below the disabled expression.