Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Stacked Bar Chart Issue

Attached is the sketch of the required bar chart. Along with the sample Excel file.

Looking for help in building this chart

23 Replies
Not applicable
Author

How can I use your expression

=Sum(Amount)/Sum(TOTAL <Year> Amount)

with Set analysis, for example if I want to use the above expression for STATE field

sunny_talwar

So instead of Sales Year, you want to use STATE? or use STATE in place of Year field?

Not applicable
Author

no what I meant is lets say If I have another field called State and I want to use the same metrics for the filed of  'GA' for example

Something like

=Sum({<State={'GA'}>} Amount)

/

Sum({< State ={'GA'}> } TOTAL <Year> Amount)

its not working??

sunny_talwar

When you say it is not working, is it through errors? Unexpected result? Null? Please provide more detail as the expression itself looks good to me.

Not applicable
Author

It says in the caption " Error in Expression" and "Allocated memory exceeded"

Not applicable
Author

I got it, it works

Thanks for all your help

sunny_talwar

Can you share how the data looks? what the chart dimensions are and the expression used?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rehan,

If you found a successful solution, please take a moment to post your final results, and to mark a reply as Correct, as this marks the entire thread as Answered.

Thank you,

Qlik Community Team

Not applicable
Author

I thought I resolved it, but the sample I gave you has both Sale Year and Year in the same table, but in my original data set they are in different tables. So I created a variable. So in the sample data the dimensions were Year, Sale Year

which was 

If(Year([Sale Date]) >= Year, '<1 Year',

If(Year([Sale Date]) >= ((Year)-2) and  Year([Sale Date]) < Year,'Prior 2 Years',

If(Year([Sale Date]) <= ((Year)-3),'< 3 Years')))  as [Sales Year] in the script

In  my original data set now, I put all the above in a variable and used that variable as a dimension for [Sale Year]

vSaleYear

If(Year([Sale Date]) >= Year, '<1 Year',

If(Year([Sale Date]) >= ((Year)-2) and  Year([Sale Date]) < Year,'Prior 2 Years',

If(Year([Sale Date]) <= ((Year)-3),'< 3 Years'))) and used that in my Bar Chart but I get 100% now for each Year  because the values Sum(Amount) and Sum(Total <Year> Amount) are the same.

The same logic works perfectly fine, if I put that logic in the script like we did earlier.

Am I missing something here?

sunny_talwar

It is very very difficult to troubleshoot a problem by just looking at an expression. I know there are people who can do it, but I don't have that talent my friend. Either provide more details, or I would hope someone else might be able to help you better