Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sum(Total) pivot table issue

Hi,

I am having a problem with a pivot table and a sum(total) function.

I need to calculate the participation of each salesmas's sales in each company in a pivot table. Something like this:

Dimension1 = Company

Dimension2 = Salesman

X = Sales

Test1.png

I have used Sum(Total) but it totalized the value by Dimension1 and I need to be totalize by Dimension2 to get the participation.

Thank you for your help and your time.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

sum(total <company>sales)

Pivot.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Nicole-Smith

If you're using a pivot table, use what is called "Partial Sums" on Dimension 2:

First, make sure you click on Dimension 2, then click the checkbox.

Not applicable
Author

I think, I did not make myself clear.

I showed the "total row" on Dimension2 to compare it with the Sum(Total X) Column and to have a visual of my problem. What I need is to show that total value on the total row as a column.

Thanks for your time Nicole.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

sum(total <company>sales)

Pivot.png

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much Michael, that was exactly want I needed.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No problem.  Pivot Tables can be very frustrating in QlikView.  I typically try to avoid them in my final applications because they are not friendly in terms of "clickablility" when trying to tell a story to a business user.

Even in excel where I believe Pivot tables are pretty well established I find that an average business user struggles with them.  Other Analyst grasp them but that is not the audience I am going after.