Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhelms
Creator
Creator

Time Between?

I have some data around job run times that I am trying to analyze. Lately we have had some jobs fail, and would like to know what other jobs are running at the point of failure. So lets assume my data looks like the following

Job NameStart TimeEnd Time
Job 16:00 AM

10:00 AM

Job 29:15 AM10:30 AM
Job 39:15 AM11:15 AM
Job 410:45 AM12:45 AM

If job 2 failed at 10:30 AM, I would like to know what other jobs were running at that time, in this case, jobs 1 and 3. Is this possible to do in QlikView? I would basically like to have an input box or slider, that the user could enter 10:30, and all jobs that had the Start Time before 10:30, and the end time after 10:30 would show up. Thanks for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Have a look at the attached example.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would create a new field "Reference minute" using the method described in http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2013/02/12/reference-dates. Then you can click on this minute and see which jobs where active.

It is important that your start and end times are interpreted correctly (so they have numeric values). Further, the increment in the while loop should be 1/24/60.

HIC

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Have a look at the attached example.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
bhelms
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Kaushik for this response, I have been able to get this working. Now a follow up question. I have a field called KEY. I want to be able to selct possible from this field based on what is left in the chart you have created. It is working fine when I manually select them from this chart, but can't figure out a way to get it to work from a button press. The problem is that this new table isn't linked to my dataset so the entire KEY field still shows all are possible instead of the few from the table. Is it possible to write a macro to select possible from a column in a table instead of an entire dataset?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Please give some sample data to work on.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki