Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Totals not displayed in pivot tables.

Hi...

I am trying to have totals on the pivot table by category. Some of the columns, do not display the total even though all the fields are correctly populated.

Also, how do I access the total field as I need to add a column for percentages by each package name.

Thank you.

Regards

Kumar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Change your formula to count(if(SVC_CAT_NAME='High Speed Internet',ORDER_NUM)).

For the % use, count(if(SVC_CAT_NAME='High Speed Internet',ORDER_NUM))/count(total <MAP_PACKAGE_NAME> if(SVC_CAT_NAME='High Speed Internet',ORDER_NUM))

Regards.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Change your formula to count(if(SVC_CAT_NAME='High Speed Internet',ORDER_NUM)).

For the % use, count(if(SVC_CAT_NAME='High Speed Internet',ORDER_NUM))/count(total <MAP_PACKAGE_NAME> if(SVC_CAT_NAME='High Speed Internet',ORDER_NUM))

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Karl...it worked...sorry to bug with one more question but can you tell me how to get the subtotals total/ total total.

i.e. I want the total of each package / total of all packages..

I tried aggregation by columns to get the percentages to display the subtotal/total but it dint work and continued to display the sum of percentages.

I can do away with it but just curious to know if that can be done as the total columns are not manually created.

Thank you.

Regards

Kumar

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Kumar,

Try playing with the "total" keyword in the count() function. For example, count(total X) is the total of everything selected and then you can work with subtotals by modifying the "total" keyword like this, count(total <Dimension1, Dimension2, etc.> X).

Another thing you can look into is the dimensionality() function. Rows with totals have a different dimensionality and sometimes you can use it in an if() in order to use a different formula in the total row.

I hope that points you in the right direction.

Not applicable
Author

Hey Karl...

Thanks a lot...

will work on the inputs provided by you and will also try dimensionality...never worked with it...

would be a good learning experience...

thanks for guiding me...

Regards

Kumar