Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucasdavis500
Creator III
Creator III

Traffic Lights - Same row as #'s

Is it possible to have your traffic lights in qlikview on the same row as the numbers you're trying to indicate are Green/Yellow/Red.

I can't figure this out.

lights.png

Currently the lights are on their own row, but I want them on the same row as one that has TEXT to indicate that that value either A) needs looked at, or B) is good to go.

BTW this is a pivot table

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lucasdavis500
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Marcus, there is certainly a work around for this in case someone needs it.

See here:

Re: Hiding Dimension/Dimension values in pivot table

View solution in original post

8 Replies
marcus_sommer

That's not possible. But you could add special chars like arrows to indicate good/bad results - I mean something like: Arrows HTML Code - Character Codes. Further you could consider to color the text (and an appropriate arrow ?) to their result.

- Marcus

lucasdavis500
Creator III
Creator III
Author

what good are the lights if they can't be shown next to the appropriate values... unless you have the expressions in columns... which makes it difficult to view if you have a a lot of expressions..... which I do. Especially since I have Categories and sub categories. This would be hard to view horizontally versus vertically.

marcus_sommer

That there are objects/features like gauges doesn't mean that's useful and recommended to use them. Personally I would try to avoid them and creating a user-friendly gui more in ways like here explained:

Learning Qlikview Data Visualization (September 2013)

Karl Pover

ISBN-13: 978-1782179894

Mastering Qlikview Data Visualization (April 2016)

Karl Pover

ISBN: 978-1782173250

Creating Stunning Dashboards with QlikView (October 2015)

Julian Villafuerte

ASIN: B017YC72MU

More you could find here: Books and literature.

- Marcus

lucasdavis500
Creator III
Creator III
Author

In most cases, the end-user drives the criteria, as in mine. Some of my end users don't have time for the GUI - which is why I need a dashboard that can point them exactly to the places they need to keep an eye on. End-users are C-SUITE

lucasdavis500
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Are you suggesting adding arrows as text objects and put them next to the row? I'm confused. Is there any way to have more than one value/object in a cell using qlikview, other than hard coding 1000 text objects

marcus_sommer

In a cell you could have a gauge or a link or a picture or any text whereby the text mustn't be just a number else there could be various text-parts combined like numbers + arrows + additional informations and which could be set conditionally in bold or colored - which would provide a good readability even by a quick look on them.

- Marcus

lucasdavis500
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Marcus could you provide an example? Another thought I had - Is there a way to "hide" the dimension values and label, i.e. in the picture above - MONTH, and the 6 months that follow, as well as making the pivot table itself transparent? Then I could just overlay pivot tables that contain the traffic lights with the rows that contain the values...

lucasdavis500
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Marcus, there is certainly a work around for this in case someone needs it.

See here:

Re: Hiding Dimension/Dimension values in pivot table