Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Up/Down arrow based on pivot table which is using Valuelist

I have pivot table something as below. I want to show UP/Down arrow next to each of the measures. So the condition is if measure >=0 then UP Arrow(In Green) and if the measure is less <0 then DOWN arrow(In Red).

Since I have been using Valuelist here I am not sure how to achieve this here.

Please help me out to achieve this.

Pivot Table.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III

Never tried this before but according to this thread you can change the number format to ▲ #,##0;▼ #,##0 (slightly different for you as they are percentages), then use the 'visual cues' tab in the chart's properties to colour the values.

View solution in original post

26 Replies
jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III

Never tried this before but according to this thread you can change the number format to ▲ #,##0;▼ #,##0 (slightly different for you as they are percentages), then use the 'visual cues' tab in the chart's properties to colour the values.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks! Yes that i already got it. But my request was how can i use the visual cues in the valuelist.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Any further updates from anyone on this? Please help...

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

???

jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure what the problem is, I created a chart using valuelist as a calculated dimension and visual cues seem to work just fine (see images below). Could you post the dimensions/expressions you are using (or even better, a copy of your application)? That would make it a lot easier to find the cause of your problems.

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks again for your response...

Application has already been attached in the initial post. Please check above and let me know if you find something ASAP...

Also please note that the up/down arrow should be in a separate column next to each of the measures. Please let me know if you have any questions.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Did you get any chance to look into it? Please share if you find some solution... Please ping once you have received this message...

jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Sorry, I did not see that you had already attached your application.

Also, please have some patience, I get that you probably have deadlines to meet but I do have other things to do as well.

I've attached a qvw file to show how I would personally solve this. I simply added expressions to check whether the existing expressions were positive or negative, and then return an up or down arrow. I did swap the columns/rows for this because I think that's more clear, but that's for you to decide.

If you wanted to do it exactly as you described (your current table, but with extra columns showing increase or decrease), you'd have to add those fields to your valuelist (something like Valuelist('Last 3 months', 'Change1', 'Last 6 months', 'Change2', 'Next 3 months', Change3')) and then modify your expressions to something along the lines of:

If(Valuelist='Last 3 months', *last 3 months expression*, If(Valuelist= 'Change1', If(*last 3 months expression* < 0, down arrow, up arrow), if(Valuelist='Last 6 months', *last 6 months expression*)....... and so on

I 1000% prefer the first solution, as the second would make your expressions incredibly long, making them harder to read and they will take longer to calculate (which may or may not be a problem depending on the size of your dataset).

Hope this helps.

jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III

One small adjustment to what I originally posted: I changed the expressions to IF(Column(1)<0, Dual(chr(9660), -1), Dual(chr(9650), 1)), so that the arrows have a numerical value as well. This means that we can use the visual cues tab to change the colour of the arrows to green or red to match the expression results.