Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using a field as a set modifier and in a listbox

Hi all,

I am using a field as a set modifier to calculate an expression in a chart:

=Sum({<RecruitmentDate_FinancialYear={'FY1617'}, Name={'XXX'}, Category={'Large Scale Study'}>}RecruitmentCount)+Sum({<RecruitmentDate_FinancialYear={'FY1617'}, Name={'XXX'}, Category={'Observational'}>}RecruitmentCount)*3.5+(Sum({<RecruitmentDate_FinancialYear={'FY1617'}, Name={'XXX'}, Category={'Interventional'}>}RecruitmentCount)*11)

This is working fine.

I would also like to have the Category field in a ListBox so that users can limit the data in the chart to one or more particular Category, but I cannot get it working. I understand why the above expression will not change using a selection, but could someone suggest a workaround? I cannot use a drill down group as I need the Dimension to remain as it is. I am also unable to change the data model as the data is coming in externally.

Apologies if there is an obvious solution, I am new to QlikView

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

If I've understood, it's simple. You can do an intersection with your set expression and the current selections. Instead of =, use *=.

=Sum({<RecruitmentDate_FinancialYear={'FY1617'}, Name={'XXX'}, Category*={'Large Scale Study'}>}RecruitmentCount)+Sum({<RecruitmentDate_FinancialYear={'FY1617'}, Name={'XXX'}, Category*={'Observational'}>}RecruitmentCount)*3.5+(Sum({<RecruitmentDate_FinancialYear={'FY1617'}, Name={'XXX'}, Category*={'Interventional'}>}RecruitmentCount)*11)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Your specifying the Category in your Set Analysis though, so any selections will be overruled by that. If you want the expression to be effected, then you'll need to remove that.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

If I've understood, it's simple. You can do an intersection with your set expression and the current selections. Instead of =, use *=.

=Sum({<RecruitmentDate_FinancialYear={'FY1617'}, Name={'XXX'}, Category*={'Large Scale Study'}>}RecruitmentCount)+Sum({<RecruitmentDate_FinancialYear={'FY1617'}, Name={'XXX'}, Category*={'Observational'}>}RecruitmentCount)*3.5+(Sum({<RecruitmentDate_FinancialYear={'FY1617'}, Name={'XXX'}, Category*={'Interventional'}>}RecruitmentCount)*11)

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, that works!