Skip to main content
Announcements
NEW: Seamless Public Data Sharing with Qlik's New Anonymous Access Capability: TELL ME MORE!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Wrong Count in Straight Table

Hi all,

my problem is a little bit hard to explain, but I'll try my best:

I'm retrieving data from different sharepointlists i.e. called prod issues, dev requests and team tracker. All these lists include different kind of dates and persons (example for prod issue: pic 1). They have similar columns but not identical ones. All they have in common is the requestor.

So far I was able to connect them with different loads using a flag. So if I click on production issues, I can see which kind of dates and persons are available.

My next step was to count the id, to see how many reports were opened/closed etc (depending on kind of date) at a certain month.

Here is my problem! It works fine with one exception: the "-" under column email (pic2). I really dont know where this comes from. It couldn't be a blank because they are counted in an extra row (count is correct). All the other counts are also correct except for the "-" which appears for each column. The only thing that adulterates my count. Therefore my line chart is also wrong...

Attached is also a part of my script code which should illustrate you my procedure.

I also tried resident load, load distinct... never the right solution.

Maybe its just an expression I have to add at the line chart and straight table...

Happy about any help! Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Whoa, that's not a very pretty data model. You've got a massive syntethic key table. That needs fixing. First try concatenating all the xml/data/row-xx tables into one table.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The "-" means a null value. Those records don't have a value in the email field. The 'real' blanks are empty strings (or possible strings of x spaces). Those are not null values. The null values are probably created by combining the data with other tables. Your code example.txt doesn't show where TT_ID and DR_ID are coming from. Can you post an example document? You can scramble the data to ensure confidentiality:

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your attention and also the scramble functionality! Attached my qvw file.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Whoa, that's not a very pretty data model. You've got a massive syntethic key table. That needs fixing. First try concatenating all the xml/data/row-xx tables into one table.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Hope it is helpful.

Not applicable
Author

Somestimes it is so easy! This was the thing which fixed it. Thank you so much.