Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

aggr function

Hello all,

I have a straight table, the dimension contains the calculated dimension of ValueLoop(100,150) and the expression is quite complicated like this :

=(Sum( {$<[Value Date] = {"<=$(v_MaxDate)"}>}
  If (PC = 'Put' AND ValueLoop(100,150) -
[Expiration Index] < 0,
     ((ValueLoop(100,150) -
[Expiration Index]) * [Quantity] * -[Factor]),
  If (PC = 'Call' AND ValueLoop(100,150) -
[Expiration Index] > 0,
     ((ValueLoop(100,150) -
[Expiration Index]) * [Quantity][Factor])))) - Sum ([Premium]))

And it works file.

I need to display the minimum value and the maximum value of the list of values displayed in the chart. These 2 numbers should be displayed in 2 variables outside the chart because I need a further calculation on these 2 numbers and only then, they will be the actual output.

Actually, the Min value should be from 15% from the beginning of the list and the Max value should be from 15% from the end of the list of values.

Can someone help me with this?

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

This is not much complicated,

Would you provide this

What is the Value of this -- v_MaxDate

LET VExpression = ValueLoop(100,150) -[Expiration Index]

Perhaps This

=(Sum({$<[Value Date] = {"<=$(v_MaxDate)"}>},
  If (PC = 'Put' AND (ValueLoop(100,150) -
[Expiration Index]) < 0,
    ((ValueLoop(100,150) -
[Expiration Index]) * [Quantity] * (-[Factor])),
  If (PC = 'Call' AND (ValueLoop(100,150) -
[Expiration Index]) > 0,
    ((ValueLoop(100,150) -
[Expiration Index]) * [Quantity][Factor])))) - Sum ([Premium]))

OR

Sum({$<[Value Date] = {"<=$(v_MaxDate)"}, PC={'Put','Call'}, If(VExpression<0, ($(VExpression) * Quantity * (-Factor)), ($(VExpression) * Quantity * Factor) >} Premium) - Sum(Premium)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar

Is it possible to share a sample where you have been playing around with it? May be it is easier to see what you have and take it forward from there?

QlikCommunity Tip: How to get answers to your post?

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Uploading a Sample

Digvijay_Singh

the last requirement is bit confusing related to 15% from beginning and 15% from end, not sure if you need your resulted values in sorted order. Do you mean if you have 100 values then you want to calculate min and max between 15th to 85th value or something else?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answer,

Maybe a made it too complicated, see the attached print screen. I made a simple scenario and as you can see, the results should be 4 figures.

Many thanks

example.png

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share the qvw with us?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, Please pay attantion that the expression is just an example, in real life i will use a different one. the idea is to create expression in a text object that simulate a value in a chart.

many thanks

sunny_talwar

I see the issue now. I think Aggr() only pre-created dimensions which are available in the script. Is it possible to create the ValueLoop() in the script?

Data:

LOAD 49 + IterNo() as ValueLoopDim,

0.5 * Rand() as Rand

AutoGenerate 1

While IterNo() <= 101;

Capture.PNG