Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

num sum with mathematical signs

Hello,

I am working on the following formula

=num(sum({<SalesChannel={'Internet'},Type_Forfait={'Forfait*','Offre spé*'},Type={'Réserver logement'}>} PersonNights),'#'&chr(39)&'##0', '.', chr(39)) 

it is regarding hotel reservations. in the following formula, i am counting only Reservation from INTERNET and with the Type_forfait = Forfait, offres spé...

what if now i would to count the hotel reservations which NOT including Type_forfait = Forfait, offres spé.

i was just thinking of using <> instead of = after Type_forfait...but it is not working..

thanks for your help.

JP

5 Replies
c_gilbert
Creator II
Creator II

I think you would just put a minus symbol before the equals sign after Type_Forfait.

Not applicable
Author

=num(sum({<SalesChannel={'Internet'},Type_Forfait=-{'Forfait*','Offre spé*'},Type={'Réserver logement'}>} PersonNights),'#'&chr(39)&'##0', '.', chr(39)) 

Not applicable
Author

thanks for your comments...i did not find this solution do you know why we can not use <> different ??

Not applicable
Author

=num(sum({<SalesChannel={'Internet'},Type_Forfait-={'Forfait*','Offre spé*'},Type={'Réserver logement'}>} PersonNights),'#'&chr(39)&'##0', '.', chr(39))

Should work.

I would also have a look this thread, as it explains about the different operators you can use

Set Analysis: syntaxes, examples

Hope that helps

Joe

Not applicable
Author

thanks a lot great help