Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Avg" instead of "Sum" at a Pivot Table

Hi all,

I'm still a newbie QVW-Designer,

actualy I try to create a Pivot - Table (attached below).

Due to some previous threads in this forum, I managed to activate the "part sum" in the presentation-area of the properties of the qvw-sheet.

Now my question:

Is it possible to replace this "Sum" by another expression (formula) such as an average.

Thanks for any help in advance

Daniel

5 Replies
its_anandrjs

Hi,

From my idea and knowledge it is only for partial sum not for an average functions. You need to do it manually in expressions.

Regards,

Anand

rahulgupta
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Try This:

Go to Presentation tab:

In Labels for Totals: =Avg()

Not applicable
Author

dear rahul,

as you can see (in the attachment) the label box is colored "gray" , so that there's no entry possible.

greetings

daniel

rahulgupta
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi!,

U have to write the Code here...

See the Attachment.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Your expression can refer to the dimensionality() field to detect whether it's calculating a single line in the chart, or a subtotal, and at what level the subtotal is.  I don't know quite what you want, but maybe something along these lines (you may need a different number than 2):

if(dimensionality()>2,sum(Myfield),avg(MyField))

Another approach is to aggregate in such a way that on the detail lines, it calculates a sum, but the subtotals average those sums.  That won't produce the same results as the above expression, but I'm not sure which results you want anyway.  Something like this:

avg(aggr(sum(MyField),Betrieb,Ort,Monat))

On a detail line, there will only be one number to average, so it will just be the sum.