Skip to main content
Announcements
NEW: Seamless Public Data Sharing with Qlik's New Anonymous Access Capability: TELL ME MORE!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subin6600
Creator III
Creator III

restrict selections for a tab

Hi,

I have a field which is like a rule/condition that the transactions or orders has to follow atleast one of the rule.

I already have the report with many tab's and in each tab i want to show data based on specific rules only .

tabs     Order Book          Cash Flow

Rule:

1                yes                     no

2                yes                     yes

3                yes                     Yes

4                No                       Yes

Say First Tab: is Order Book where all the transactions that are following rules 1,2,3 should be displayed .

Is there any macro that can help solve this problem??

4 Replies
subin6600
Creator III
Creator III
Author

does anyone have any idea regarding this???Plz share your views..

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

It sounds like you could select and lock whatever is appropriate when entering the tab, then unlock and clear when leaving the tab.  You could do this with actions rather than with macros.  The triggers are in the sheet properties.

subin6600
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Ya what you have explaines is exactly what i need. But how can we do that for a particular Tab dynamically when ever a user open such a tab??

dominicmander
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

If you go to 'sheet properties' for your tab, and select the 'triggers' tab, there are two buttons, one for OnActivateSheet and one for OnLeaveSheet.

Add the nescesary actions to each and you should be able to achieve exactly what you want.