Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator

scripting issue

Hi all,

I don't actually think this is possible but hey ho there are far brighter people out there than I.

hopefully the below should try and explain what im trying to do. (Ive not been careful with any Syntax)

Load

Asset ID,

Fault ID,

Raised Time,

Cleared Time,

Fault Re-Occurrence

where the first 4 fields exist in my data source

Fault Re-Occurance is a field that looks down to see If the Asset has failed again with the same Fault ID. if it has put the time difference(Raised time of second fault minus cleared time of first fault) if it hasn't just put an X for completeness.

thanks guys this will really help.

7 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

Can you provide an example data of what Asset ID, Fault ID, Raised Time and Cleared Time look like.

Also an example using data as to what you want to acheive. Using real data in numbers or days, etc.

MayilVahanan

Hi

I think your expecting something like this

Load *, If(AssetID = Previous(AssetID) and FaultID = Previous(FaultID), RaisedTime - Previous(ClearedTime), 'X') as

FaultReOccurrence;

Load

AssetID,

FaultID,

RaisedTime,

ClearedTime

From Datasource

Order by Asset ID, Fault ID;

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi

Can you give sample data with the application. So that it will be very easy to understand your issue and give best solution. Thank You.

samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi yes not a problem

thanks

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This should work. The time is computed from the cleared time of the first instance of the fault, even if there are more than two failures:

LOAD *,

If([Asset ID] = Previous([Asset ID]) And [Fault ID] = Previous([Fault ID]), [Raised Time] - FirstClearedTime) As [Fault Re-Occurrence]

;

LOAD

[Asset ID],
[Fault ID],
[Raised Time],
[Cleared Time],
If([Asset ID] <> Previous([Asset ID]) Or [Fault ID] <> Previous([Fault ID]), [Cleared Time], Peek(FirstClearedTime)) As FirstClearedTime

FROM .....

Order By [Asset ID], [Fault ID], [Raised Time];

DROP Field FirstClearedTime;

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I am worried about the Previous in the preceding load portion. If the above script does not work, try this:

LOAD

[Asset ID],

[Fault ID],

[Raised Time],

[Cleared Time],

If(RecurFlag = 1, [Raised Time] - FirstClearedTime) As [Fault Re-Occurrence]

;

LOAD

[Asset ID],

[Fault ID],

[Raised Time],

[Cleared Time],

If([Asset ID] <> Previous([Asset ID]) Or [Fault ID] <> Previous([Fault ID]), [Cleared Time], Peek(FirstClearedTime)) As FirstClearedTime,

If([Asset ID] = Previous([Asset ID]) And [Fault ID] = Previous([Fault ID]), 1, 0) As RecurFlag

FROM .....

Order By [Asset ID], [Fault ID], [Raised Time];

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi all,

Im actually more confused now than i was when i started

maybe a better requirement would be to simply return the last Clearance time where the Asset ID and Fault ID are the same.

so the function will look up all previous loaded data if it finds a record with the same Asset ID and Fault ID return the Clearance Time of that record.