Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JacquelineJack
Contributor
Contributor

How to connect spreadsheets in Office 365 SharePoint Connector to Qlik Sense

Hello, looking for some Qlik Sense advice, please.

We would like to connect to some spreadsheets held in SharePoint but our version of Qlik Sense (February 2021) doesn't seem to have the Office 365 Sharepoint Connector.

Can you tell me if a later version of Qlik Sense has this connector as a standard, or if it doesn't where can I get the connector to install on our server?  I see information pages about it but no actual link to the connector to download and install.  

Office 365 SharePoint

Many thanks

Jacqueline 

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

From the above linked help:

This connector is only available in Qlik Sense SaaS. For the client-managed version, see Office 365 Sharepoint.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

marcus_sommer

The web-connector package could you get from the Qlik download page:

Downloads | Qlik Community

marcus_sommer_0-1649427496475.png

To config the access isn't really intuitive and we needed then several attempts to understand what had to be entered where but in the end we got it working whereby now I couldn't say what we exactly did. Depending on your environment and requirements you may need certificates and/or enabling the connector as service and of course you need the appropriate access rights to do all these things. So you may read the help multiple times and search for the specific parts again here in the community and/or ask again.

Further with it you couldn't directly access the files like you do within the file-storage else you need to query the connector at first for the unique FileID and with it you could grab the data.

I could imagine that hiring a professional support for such a task is not a bad idea. 

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

From the above linked help:

This connector is only available in Qlik Sense SaaS. For the client-managed version, see Office 365 Sharepoint.

- Marcus

JacquelineJack
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks!  

JacquelineJack
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sorry still can't get it from these instructions here: Office 365 SharePoint

It says "This connector must be installed separately." - where do I get the connector to install it?  

It also said:  

"Ways to access your data

You need to authenticate the connection to access your Office 365 SharePoint data.

Do the following:

1. Enter the SharePoint base URL that you want to connect to, and click Authenticate.

2. Log in using your SharePoint account credentials.

3. Retrieve the authentication token and enter it into the connector.

Your credentials are stored in the Qlik Web Connectors."

I don't know what I am supposed to do in this.  These instructions are just too vague for me as a novice.  

marcus_sommer

The web-connector package could you get from the Qlik download page:

Downloads | Qlik Community

marcus_sommer_0-1649427496475.png

To config the access isn't really intuitive and we needed then several attempts to understand what had to be entered where but in the end we got it working whereby now I couldn't say what we exactly did. Depending on your environment and requirements you may need certificates and/or enabling the connector as service and of course you need the appropriate access rights to do all these things. So you may read the help multiple times and search for the specific parts again here in the community and/or ask again.

Further with it you couldn't directly access the files like you do within the file-storage else you need to query the connector at first for the unique FileID and with it you could grab the data.

I could imagine that hiring a professional support for such a task is not a bad idea. 

- Marcus